Twenty-Six

Chapter 26

Used to it

"Sorry, not the best first impression I wanted you to have on my family."

•••

Peyton

Every time I brought someone home, whether it was a 'friend' or a 'boyfriend' the second they met my mother they wanted to leave. She's very intimidating and rude when you first meet her. Especially if you don't meet her expectations. When I brought Shawn along, I had a feeling that's what would happen.

That he would want to leave, and honestly? I wouldn't blame him, if I wasn't related to her I would do the same. Actually I am related to her and that is what I did.

•••

I walked over towards the formal living room where my dad and shawn were. I loved my dad and now trusted he had good intentions but Shawn just got here. Who knew what my dad was already asking.

"Dad, please let him breathe." I interrupted before my dad asked him another question.

They both looked at me and chuckled, "I'm sorry, I just wanted to get to know him better."

"I know but you have all week for that lets not ask all the questions within the first few minutes of him being here." I told him.

My dad nodded before looking at Shawn and giving him a smile, "We will continue this talk later, until then settle in and join us for breakfast." With that my dad walked out of the living room and off towards the dinning room.

I looked over at Shawn and let out a sigh, "Sorry, not the best first impression I wanted you to have on my family. But I did kind of warn you." I told him as he walked over towards me.

"Yeah I thought I knew what I was getting myself into but your mom...she's a bit intense." He confessed.

"A bit?" I questioned not believing he meant that.

"Okay she's very intense." He said with a laugh.

I nodded, "You didn't need to sugarcoat it Shawn. I know my other, I'm aware how she is. It's still not too late to run away." I told him as we walked up the grand stairs.

"I'm sorry." He apologized.

I gave him a confused look as we got to the top of the stairs. We then walked down the hallway where both of mine and my sister's bedrooms were. I remember the last time I walked down this hallway I was leaving.

"Sorry for what?" I asked as we entered my old bedroom.

Everything looked the same, as if I had never moved out. I was surprised because I was sure my mother would've used it for something else. Like most parents would have if they knew their child was moving out.

"For you having an awful mother. You don't deserve that, to be treated like the way she treats you. I can see why you left, and I'm just sorry." Shawn told me as we sat on my old bed.

I looked up at the ceiling as I laid on the bed, "It's Okay. I've dealt with her and her ways for so long, I've become accustomed to it. I just have to deal with it for a whole week and then I'll be back to her not being in my life."

He then laid back and looked over at me, "Yeah but still doesn't make it right. Did you mean what you said? About her not being involved in your life or your baby's?" Shawn asked.

I turned my head so I was looking at him, "I did and I didn't. I don't want her in my life or my daughters if she's gonna continue acting the way she does. I don't want that kind of stress and don't want my daughter around it. But I didn't because I felt like if maybe I had said that, that she would change. That she would realize that being in her granddaughter's life meant more than her social status."

"Maybe she will, I mean I hope she comes to that realization," He tells me with a sad smile but then changes it before sitting up, "So should we get changed and go eat? I'm starving." Shawn said changing the subject.

I laughed before sitting up, "Yeah all these different emotions and fights have drained me. We're hungry."

"Okay well I'm not sure how our bags got up here. But you can take a shower first if you'd like." Shawn said as he grabbed his suitcase and unzipped it.

"Yeah I have a feeling Serenity told the help to get our bags. I forgot how much I hated saying that." I said as I looked through my bag and grabbed this cute white dress.

Shawn looked at me and had a smirk, "The help?"

"Yeah, I mean I know that's why they're here. But it makes me feel like I'm above them when I'm not. I'm telling you I was never fit for this life." I told him as I gathered all my clothes.

Shawn nodded, "Yeah I definitely wouldn't be either."

"Wow look at us being a cute relatable fake couple." I joked before walking into my bathroom.

I closed the door behind me and stripped down from my clothes. I turned the shower on and stepped under the hot water. I allowed all my stress and anxiety wash away. It was done with, my parents knew so there was no other reason for me to worry about this week.

I took a quick shower because Shawn wanted to take one as well. Once I was done with my shower I got out and got dressed. I then put my clothes in the laundry shoot before walking out of the restroom.

"The shower is all yours." I told him as I walked over to my old vanity.

Shawn then walked into the bathroom and shut the door. I did my makeup and curled my hair and by the time I was done Shawn was out of the shower. He walked out and I looked over at him, he wore a plain white T-shirt but it was tucked into some black dress pants. He put jell in his curls so they held those perfect curls.

He was putting on his black belt before looking at me. I felt heat creep up to my cheeks due to him catching me looking at him. I looked away and pushed my hair behind my ear.

"Ready to go eat?" Shawn asked as he walked over and grabbed his cologne from the vanity.

I stood up and slipped on my white toms. I then nodded before putting back on the ring.

"Yeah, I'm starving." I said before we walked out of my bedroom.

He then wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walked down the hall and down the stairs. When he put his arm around me I was hit with the smell of his cologne. It was intoxicating, I loved how he smelled. When we got down to the bottom I glanced up at him. Shawn was looking around the place as we walked to the formal dining room.

He looked so intrigued by everything. I never really took in how handsome he looked till now. Like I always knew he was good looking. But it was different this time, I couldn't explain it.

But I just knew I was screwed.

•••

So he didn't run, not like most would have. And I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. At least I didn't know at the time.

Authors Note//
I updated again? Should I be surprised? No
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚