Twenty-One

Chapter 21

Thanksgiving

"Can you stop being a wimp and ask?"

•••

Peyton

This was one of the major holidays that I wasn't spending with my family. It was odd because there was always a schedule to how these big holidays worked. My mom always had these things planned, mostly because it wasn't just family there. We had to look classy as if we were going to be in the actual Macy's day parade.

But this year my thanksgiving was small and with friends.
•••

Thanksgiving was today and I honestly felt like just ordering pizza. I loved my family despite leaving home because of how they lived. I was always a family person, I just feel like if my mom was just different, more understanding. Then this wouldn't have happened and who knows maybe I wouldn't be pregnant or going home for today.

But unfortunately that's not the case. I mean I know serenity will be with my mom because of her wedding. I'm sure whoever is invited to the thanksgiving dinner will want to know all about the details. I didn't hold it against her because it's the life she was used to and loved. That's what made my sister and I different.

I was gonna sleep in but unfortunately having a human being pushing on your bladder every few minutes makes sleeping hard. I laid in my bed and looked at my bump that was slowly forming. It looks like I literally just ate thanksgiving food already. I was at 4 months almost 5 so my stomach was definitely protruding more.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when my phone started to ring. I reached over and seen it was Madison. I answered as I started to lightly drag my finger over my little bump.

"Hello?" I answered.

"So are we doing thanksgiving at your place?" She asked.

"I was planning on ordering pizza." I told her.

"Pizza? Bitch it's thanksgiving, we get fat on this day. I'm talking ham, mashed potatoes, corn, stuffing, and pie. We can have pizza the next day." Madison said and I could practically see her face as she said all that.

I laughed, "So what we're going to make a feast for just us?"

I got up and off my bed to use the bathroom for the third time this morning. I put my end on mute because I found it gross for people to hear me use the bathroom. Despite having used public bathrooms.

"I could eat it all and not complain but um ive actually been seeing someone so I was wondering, if it's okay that I invite him?" She asked hesitantly.

I finished up before unmuting myself, I then washed my hands.

"Uh yeah go ahead, I wouldn't mind. The more the merrier." I told her as I dried my hands before grabbing my phone.

"Great and so you're not a third wheel you should invite Shawn." Madison suggested.

I rolled my eyes despite her not being able to see me. I walked down the stairs to grab something to eat.