Sixty-Four

Chapter 64

Breaking the silence

"And you think I want this now?"

•••

December

Peyton

I know this moment should've have happened two years ago. I even had an opportunity to do it in the beginning of the year. But I didn't cause I was scared, but the truth always comes out. And maybe the outcome would be good.

•••

We were going to head down to Beverly Hills in a couple hours. Shawn had taken time off of work and we told his parents about going to Beverly Hills for Christmas. They agreed and would be there tomorrow. There was just one thing I needed to do before we left.

Something I had been procrastinating for the past two years to be exact. Fear coursed through my body as I tapped my foot on the pavement. I looked up at the tall building, remembering the last time I was here. I walked away and flipped off the building after just being fired.

"Did you want me to go up with you?" Shawn asked but I didn't bother looking at him.

I swallowed the nervous knot that was stuck in my throat, "No, I have to do this on my own."

"We could always do it when we come back love." Shawn offered seeing how nervous I was.

I shook my head, "No cause if I do I'll keep pushing it off. I need to do it while I'm here."

I looked at him and he nodded, "Ill wait in the car with the twins."

"Mommy where are we going?" Melody asked as I finally moved.

I held her hand in mine as we walked towards the building. I opened the door for us and took a deep breath. I could do this, it was like ripping off a bandaid. I walked over to the front desk and it was a different girl from who used to work here when I did.

"Hello." The young blonde said when she seen me.

I forced a smile, "Hi I need to see Nate McAdams."

"Do you have an appointment?" She asked as she typed on the computer.

I shook my head, "No I don't."

"Then you will need to make one and come back." She told me with a sigh.

I shook my head, "I can't, it has to be today. It's...urgent." I told her pleadingly.

"Mommy I wanna go with daddy." Melody said pulling on my arm.

The receptionist stood up and looked at Melody then back at me. She nodded and dialed someone on the phone.

"Mr. McAdams? Yes I know you said not to bother you. You have a visitor and she says it's urgent." The girl said on the phone.

She then hung up the phone and nodded for me to go ahead. I gave her a smile before I picked up Melody. I walked over to the elevator and got in, remembering which button to press. Almost like I have been doing this for the past few years and not the one week I worked here.