Eight

Chapter 8

The one with the hurt ego

"Just because I hurt your huge ego?"

•••

Peyton

Dread. That was the next emotion I had when Monday came into view. It was an emotion I experienced a lot in this story. But when till those times come I'll just stick to this moment for now.

•••

I woke up Monday morning absolutely hating the day. I know everybody says they hate Monday's and that's true. It's what comes after a well deserved weekend. We all get happy when Friday rolls around for it means the weekend is coming up. But we all start to dread Monday come Sunday.

Though this time I dreaded Monday only because of that text. The one where my boss sounded incredibly offended. It was a childish text if you asked me but it still made me anxious. I didn't want to get up from bed and it was only my second week of work.

"Peyton! You have to get up no more staying in bed. You got to face this like the big girl you wanted to be." I heard Madison call out from behind my room door.

I stared up at the ceiling and just wished I could take back Friday. Why couldn't I just trust my instincts and not go out? Why did I have to go out with him for a drink?

I'm just that big of an idiot and now I must accept the consequences. Even if it's absurd.

I got up and decided to take a quick shower before getting ready for the day. I stood in the shower the whole time thinking of what I could possibly say. I wouldn't even want to look at him because I'm embarrassed. That wasn't even an option anyways because my desk was right across from his office, and the doors were glass.

I got out of the shower and got dressed before doing my makeup. I grabbed my bag before walking out of my room and to the kitchen. Madison sat there doing her makeup getting ready for her work.

"I don't know why you're stressing about going to work honestly." She said as she did her eyebrows.

"Because the way he sounded in the text sounds like I'm getting ready for a job I might not have tomorrow." I told her as I poured myself a bowl of cereal.

She rolled her eyes, "If that asshole really fires you for not doing his job correctly during sex than that sounds like a personal problem of his. He would need to get his head checked because that's too much idiocy for one man."

"It has nothing to do with the sex! It was just the mistake of me sleeping with him. My boss. That's why I left not because of the sex, if we're being completely honest I don't even remember it." I told her before I started eating.

"Uh if you're going to explain yourself to him try not mentioning the fact that you don't remember it at all." She told me.

I shook my head, "I'm not going to lie to benefit his ego. If he has a problem then that's all on him. You're right, I shouldn't be afraid to go."

"That's my girl! Go own the day and crush that little mans big ass ego." Madison told me before getting up and walking to her room.