Forty-Nine

Chapter 49

Anniversary

"Well isn't it my favorite couple."

•••

March; 11 months old

Peyton

My longest relationship, that I remember, was with Cody Standler. It was freshman year of high school, lasted about five months. That was before I realized how much of a leech he was. By that I mean I paid for everything while he talked with other girls.

I was so naive that someone wanted to be my boyfriend so of course it took months to see. But he was the first and last to fool me. I didn't trust anyone, or didn't allow anyone to get close.

Shawn was the only exception.

•••

I was woken up by soft lips brushing against my skin. It started on my forehead, cheek, nose, chin, and then finally lips. I opened my eyes as Shawn pulled away and looked down at me. I gave him a sleepy smile.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a yawn.

"Waking you up." Shawn said like it was no big idea.

"I can tell. Why though?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Because it's our anniversary." Shawn whispered against my lips.

I smiled, "It is isn't it?"

He nodded, he was about to kiss me again but I moved.

"Morning breath." I told him as his lips came into contact with my cheek.

I wiggled away from him and got off the bed. I walked into the on suite and brushed my teeth. Once I washed my teeth and face I walked back to my room. I got back on the bed where Shawn was sitting up and looking at his phone.

I got close to him and took his phone out of his hands. I leaned over to set it on his bed side table. Shawn was looking at me the whole time. I lifted my left leg over so I straddled his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he put his hands on my hips.

I leaned forward and connected our lips together. Shawn's hands inched up a little. They came in contact with my skin that was showing due to my shirt riding up. The contact caused my skin to heat up almost like I was on fire. The kiss started to get more passionate, intense. I pulled away needing to breathe, Shawn continued to kiss my neck.

I looked up giving him more access to my neck. I moved forward a little trying to get even more close to him. But when I did his grip on my waist tightened. I was about to ask him what was wrong but a cry abrupt from the baby monitor. Shawn's kisses slowed down before he rested his forehead against my shoulder.

"I got her." I sighed trying to catch my breath.

Shawn let go of me and I got off of him. I walked down the hallway and to the nursery.

"What's wrong my princess?" I asked when I walked over to her crib.

Her crying got soft until she finally stopped. She looked up at me with her puffy crying eyes. I smiled down at her and laughed.