Fourteen

Chapter 14

Let's Play Pretend

"I have a lot on my mind and I just want to forget it all for a few hours."

•••

Peyton

Distraction. When in tough situations, ones that have us stressed or scared all we want is a distraction sometimes. Something that will make us feel like normal, like everything is okay and there's nothing to worry about. Sure it won't last and soon we'll have to face reality again. But for those split seconds of being distracted it can help a lot.

At this point in my story I needed whatever distraction would come my way.

•••

I decided to leave the dress I was already wearing but changed my coat but that was it. I realized that there were more important things that I had to keep in mind. Like the fact that I couldn't exactly start dating someone who didn't even know I was pregnant.

Despite what my friends thought I really wasn't seeing this as they were. I had to think about my life and the people it's going to affect. Serenity is already spending way too much time on me and not her own wedding. Madison literally told me I could stay with her and she'd help practically changing her life for me.

Then there was this guy, someone who was so nice despite hitting me with a baseball. He's charming and hot but also got out of a long relationship that would've led to him getting married. And I am a fucked up case of pregnant and alone because the dad is a poor excuse of a man.

He does not need me on top of his busy schedule and ex fiancé. So today should only be dinner and nothing else. And if he somehow thinks that this would go farther, I think the only way that I can stop him from that is by saying 'hey im pregnant with some other guys baby because we were drunk and I found out he's an actual asshole so yeah apparently a lot has happened since we last met'.

I was pulled out of my dramatic yet scarily real thoughts when I heard a knock on my door. I finished up before walking to the door and opening it.

"He's here!" Serenity silently squealed.

I rolled my eyes at how excited she was, it was as if she was the one going to dinner with him. I grabbed my bag before following her out my bedroom door. I then walked out to the living room and seen him standing there.

He had a bouquet of sunflowers that had a few roses. Shawn looked handsome like the first day I met him. He wore black jeans with a white shirt and this dark blue flannel on top. I suddenly felt way too over dressed, I walked over to him and he handed me the flowers.

"These are for you. Better than a baseball to the forehead." He told me.

I nodded, "Definitely better."

Serenity took the flowers from me, "I'll put these in water while you two can go and have fun!"

I looked at her so embarrassed but it just made Shawn laugh. I looked over at him and smiled.

"So I guess we're being thrown out." I told him.

He nodded, "I guess so."