Thirty

Chapter 30

Rehearsal Dinner

"You left to San Francisco to get hitched little p?"

•••

Peyton

You know, no matter how hard you try to run from your past. It somehow always catches up to you. Sometimes it can be a good part of your past or the bad part. The bad part already caught up to me, it was my mother. The good part? Well I guess you'll just have to wait and read.

•••

Just like I figured my sister's wedding was a really big deal. A bunch of family has flew in, workers were already at the house setting up. It was chaotic but I didn't expect anything less. Today was my sister's rehearsal dinner, which meant this house would be filled with tons of people.

I admit this week has been so exhausting. I just didn't want to be here anymore. I wanted to go home and lay in my bed and just sleep for the next week. But unfortunately I have to survive today and tomorrow.

"I've never been so tired in my life." I complained.

Shawn chuckled, "That's normal when you're pregnant."

"I know but like it's only the fifth month and I still have four to go. It's only going to get worse from here, I'm talking stomach bigger and more pain." I told him.

He looked at me and had a sleepy smile, "Yeah well it will be worth it when the 9th month is up."

"I don't think I'll be getting much sleep after either." I said with a pout and I adjusted how I laid on the bed.

"Or maybe she will be a quiet baby, like heavy sleeper and not a big crier." Shawn suggested.

"I guess we have to wait and see." I sighed as I snuggled more into my pillow and closed my eyes.

"You know your sister is probably going to come up here and drag us down right?" Shawn said causing me to open my eyes.

I nodded, "She probably will but I have an excuse, I'm pregnant I deserve a nap."

"What about me?" He asked with a chuckle.

"Oh you're screwed buddy, she'll put you to work." I joked.

"Gee thanks." Shawn said with a small smile.

"I'll just say you're my body pillow." I informed him.

Shawn furrowed his eyebrows, "Okay but don't you actually have to make it look that way? She won't believe it if it doesn't look that way." He told me as his eyes looked around my face.

"Is this your way of trying to cuddle me Mendes?" I asked.

"Something like that." He whispered.

I then moved closer to him he met me in the middle and wrapped his arms around me. I laid my head on his shoulder as my small bump was against his hip. The smell of his cologne filled my nose as I closed my eyes. I could feel his head on top of mine and I felt comfortable.