Forty-Seven

Chapter 47

Happy Birthday

"Now I know what love is and I'm not going to give it up."

•••

Peyton

I'm not going to say much about this day. At least not in the beginning. So I'll just get to what happened.

•••

Today was August 8th, Shawn's Birthday. I woke up a pretty early, mostly cause I needed to use the bathroom. But after I did and cleaned up I laid back in bed thankful Melody was still asleep. Shawn didn't even wake when I slipped back into the bed.

I even scooted closer to him. He was facing me but his breathing was slow and heavy. I knew he was still deep in sleep which would explain how he didn't wake. I took this time to just admire how he looked. His dark brown curls all over the place, one in particular dangled on his forehead.

It was long enough that the curl ended right at his nose. I followed it to his nose then up to his long lashes. I was jealous, I'm sure his were longer than mine. The way they were curled as well, not straight, they just sat curled on his skin. I followed the way down with my eyes to his cute scar on his cheek.

The way it was a dip in his skin, little details like this made me love him even more. There's no way to explain why but they made him different. They told a story of his life, and I thought it was perfect. I seen the stubble from the hair growing even when he shaved yesterday. I lightly placed my fingertips on the hairs, feeling the prickle my fingers. I then slowly moved my fingers to his lips, his full pink lips. They were smooth and soft, I brushed his bottom lip with my thumb.

Shawn's eyes slowly started to open. His eyelashes coming off his cheek to now being able to almost touch the bottom of his eyebrows. They unveiled his brown eyes, or were they hazel? Sometimes they were even green, it was crazy. But right now they were brown and staring down at me with a little shine.

His lips moved under my fingers and into a smile, "What are you doing?" He asked as I moved my hands to move his hair.

"Admiring you." I said softly.

"You know most people would find that creepy." Shawn said with a laugh.

I rolled my eyes playfully, "It's not creepy. I was just remembering all the details of you, loving all the details that make you. You." I tell him.

"I thought I was the only one allowed to say cheesy things." Shawn said as he wrapped his arms around me pulling me closer to him.

We were so close our chests were touching and our legs were intertwined. I loved when we laid like this, we were two puzzle pieces that fit perfectly.

"Nope I can be cheesy on your birthday." I told him with a smile.

Shawn groaned, "That's today?"

"Yes it is." I told him as he buried his face in the crook of my neck.

"I'm so old." He mumbled before kissing my shoulder.

"25 is not old." I say as I look at the wall behind Shawn.

"It is to me." He said before he continued to kiss my neck.