Twenty-Seven

Chapter 27

A Million Dreams

"Wait start singing again."

•••

Peyton

Growing up I always loved kids, I knew from a young age I wanted a family of my own. One to raise the way I wish I could have been raised. One where they can be whoever they wanted to be. I was always good with kids as well, I wasn't sure what it was. Every single baby or kid I came across they just smiled and came up to me.

As I grew up I'd have baby fever, I knew I didn't want one so soon. But I couldn't wait for the day I did start my family. I couldn't wait to be pregnant, but I didn't realize that it's not everything it's said or shown in movies. There was a ton of symptoms and pain that came with creating a tiny human.

Some I've already faced and some I will still face when the time comes. And they will be painful but worth it. All of it is worth the pain. She was worth it.

•••

My mother had disappeared from the house after our argument. Serenity said she went to go talk to others and triple check everything for the wedding. I didn't buy it, she probably went to go tell everyone but making up a lie with it. I could already hear the many lies but I didn't think of her too long. I could careless what she did or said.

The rest of the day we stayed inside the house and just had a chill day. I suggested it because Serenity already wanted to drag us out of the house after breakfast. My back was hurting more than usual, I wasn't feeling all too well either. Then Shawn has been up and hasn't slept at all so I thought it would be best to take the first day slow.

"Have you done the nursery yet?" Serenity asked as we all sat on the couch.

Serenity sat on one side with her fiancé. My dad sat in the arm chair and Shawn sat next to me. It was about nine in the afternoon and they were still drinking. Well my dad was drinking whiskey and my sister and her fiancé were drinking wine. Shawn had a glass earlier but then he stuck to water. And well I can only drink water so that's what I was having.

"Not yet, I'm planning on decorating it when we get back to San Francisco." I said before taking a sip of my water.

"How did you find out you were having a girl?" My Dad asked.

"Uh Shawn is friends with an OBGYN and we got in to get blood drawn. It took a week to get the results back and well they told us over the phone." I explained.

My dad looked sad, "I wish I could have known. You know if your mom wasn't stubborn and the way she was we would've thrown a party."

"I wish I could have told you, I would've loved to do a gender reveal. I've dreamt of having a kid for so long, had everything planned out. But things just don't go according to plan sometimes. Besides I know she'll do one for Serenity whenever she decides to have kids." I told him.

Serenity pouted, "Okay well doesn't mean we can't throw you a baby shower!"

I gave her a confused look, "Like you all head up to San Francisco?"

She shook her head, "We will do it in two days. While you are here, it's perfect."

I shook my head, "As much as I appreciate it, cause I do. I don't think mom would agree, plus it's your week not mine."