Thirty-Six

Chapter 36

Scared

"As long as he doesn't hurt either of you, cause then I'll put him in the hospital."

•••

Peyton

I remember when summer was coming to an end, I couldn't wait to get new clothes and supplies. I couldn't wait to use the supplies, to show them off. I would spend all summer excited to get to this point. Mostly because of the reasons I said but also because I was nowhere near my mother.

But then school would come and after a few days I'd be over the new things. I'd instead feel the stress of school and all the homework. Trying to continue to bring excellent grades. I suddenly wished I was back in summer dreaming of when I only wished it would end.

Definitely didn't wish it would come as soon as it did.

•••

"Dad said he's out shopping today, but he'll be back by dinner." Serenity said as she mixed the waffle batter.

It was noon and she wanted brunch, it's literally lunch time. But I'm pregnant and hungry since I'm eating for two. So I wasn't complaining, I was just glad I get to sit here and watch her cook.

The guys were in the living room watching some movie. I didn't care about it, the smell of the waffles was too interesting.

"What is he shopping for?" I asked as I took a piece of chopped up banana and ate it.

She shrugged as she poured the batter into the waffle maker, "He didn't tell me but if I had to guess it's something for his granddaughter."

"So when are you and Sam making one?" I asked.

Serenity shook her head, "Not anytime soon. We want to travel for a bit before settling down and starting a family."

"I don't blame you, if I had that chance I would have." I told her.

We continued talking about her honeymoon and where her and Sam went. She then went on to tell me how psychotic she went when I told her I was leaving and she'd never get to see her granddaughter. So psychotic she even told people I was adopted, so not really hers. Bitch.

Serenity finished making all the waffles and we took them to the dinning room. The guys walked over and we all sat down to eat. I probably ate two full waffles but I didn't care.

After lunch or serenity's "brunch" was over we decided to sit outside and enjoy the day. We sat in the backyard, well Serenity and I sat on the porch swing while the guys played with the corn toss.

"One more week." Serenity said after she took a sip of her lemonade.

I looked at her and nodded before looking down at my belly. I rested my hands on it and every now and then I could feel her kick.

"Yup. Then I get to hold her, after going through excruciating pain." I joked.

"I still can't believe no one knows her name. I even snooped in the nursery looking for anything with her name on it. Nothing." She told me like it was the worst thing in the world.