Forty-Three

Chapter 43

Date Night

"Is it weird that this doesn't feel normal?"

•••

Peyton

It's weird, going on dates is such a normal thing to do. People go on either once or more times in their life. But for some reason it didn't feel natural.

•••

I finished up getting ready for the date shawn and I were going on. I don't know why I was so nervous, I've gone out with him. Sure it wasn't officially dates, well one was. But I sleep in the same bed with him, see him almost every day. So why was I so nervous?

"Hey you ready? My Mom already has Melody." Shawn asked from the door of the bathroom.

I was in the bathroom doing my makeup. I looked over at him and nodded. I took a good look at him and he wore a plain white T-shirt and jeans. He looked handsome, more than he already does. I collected my makeup and walked past him and out of the bathroom. I put my makeup away and made sure I had everything I needed in my purse.

I grabbed my coat and purse before meeting with Shawn. We walked down the stairs and towards the living room. He was right his mom did have melody as they watched tv.

"We are heading out." Shawn said grabbing their attention.

They both stood up and walked over to us like parents sending their child off to prom. It was cute, Karen walked over with Melody and my heart started to hurt. Why was it so hard to leave your child? Even if it was in the hands of someone you trusted a lot and only for a few hours.

"I pumped some milk and it's in the fridge just incase she gets hungry." I told Karen as I kissed Melody's head.

Karen laughed, "Yes I know dear shawn told me. She will be fine, I know it is tough to leave them at first but she is fine. She won't even remember you left."

I nodded, "I know."

"Okay can we go?" Shawn asked giving my hand a squeeze.

I nodded as I allowed him to move me. We walked out the door and towards the rental car. We got in and Shawn started to drive away from the house. I decided not to think about it and tried to focus on this date. It was the first one since I was pregnant, the last one was when I told shawn I was pregnant.

We arrived at this restaurant and it was very nice. This felt nice, just us two sitting and eating and not being pregnant. Not having to pretend I wasn't keeping a secret from him. I thought I felt normal, but this wasn't. It was foreign.

"Is it weird that this doesn't feel normal?" I asked as we waited for our food.

Shawn set down his cup of water and raised an eyebrow in question, "What?"

"Oh no I don't mean it in a bad way-" I tried to explain realizing how awful that sounded out loud.

Shawn laughed, "No I know how you meant it. You just took me by surprise."

"Its just weird, not us dating that feels real and good." I start but I couldn't find the right words to explain how I was feeling or what I meant.