Seven

Chapter 7

A Mistake

"What did I just do?"

•••

Peyton

Regret. Something that always occurs after a decision we thought was a good choice. But after the choice is done and you're not satisfied or happy with how it turned out you start to regret the decision.

This was one of those moments where I regretted everything I did in one night.

•••

Drums. That's what I thought my head was, not really but it felt like that. Like my head was a drum set and was given to a toddler who just hits it with the stick. I sat up and I opened my heavy lids to only shut them because of the blinding light.

It inflamed my raging headache which made me wince. I slowly opened my eyes allowing my eyes to adjust little by little. I looked around and found myself in a foreign room. I then looked down and found a blanket draped over my body. But the lack of my blouse or any shirt for that fact made my brain hurt more.

Not because it was adding to my headache but because I was now panicking. I looked over to my left to find him laying on his stomach allowing his back muscles to be present as the blanket was only covering his waist. I lifted the blanket off of me to peek and sure enough I did not have anything on.

This can't be happening, I did not just do that. I quickly and quietly got out of the bed and grabbed my clothes which were lucky for me right next to my side of the bed. I put on my clothes and grabbed my stuff before quickly walking out of the bedroom being careful not to wake him.

Once I made it out of the room I found the front door and walked out. I let out a breath of relief as I made it out without him noticing. Was I really that girl that leaves before the other one wakes up? No but in this case that the person I slept with is my boss? Yes.

I hurried down the hall of the condo, I made it out into the streets and that's when I felt safe. Like I don't have to run but I'm glad I have enough distance between us. I looked around and nothing looked remotely familiar, that's when I remembered that we took his car.

I couldn't remember all of last night but they were coming back to me in glimpses. I pulled out my phone from my purse and luckily it didn't die. I called an Uber to come pick me up but I told them I was at the Barnes and Noble down the street.

I stood there no doubt looking like a hot mess. The sex hair and messed up wrinkly clothes. I wasn't even paying attention to the stares because I was still trying to remember what happened last night.

That's when I remembered, we were at the bar probably on our fifth drink. I was supposed to get an Uber home but my head was fuzzy. My judgement was off and I was thinking with my body and not my brain.

I remember going to his condo and our bodies were brushing against each other. I seen flashes of things I wished I wasn't remembering in public. I then heard a loud honk which caused me to open my eyes. I seen my Uber and walked over to get in.

It was an awkward and quiet ride to Madison's apartment. When I finally arrived back I paid the Uber and headed up the steps. It was the awful walk of shame because I know Madison is home. She is probably up and waiting because where on earth could I possibly have been all night?

She will either be concerned or she will have a smirk and tell me 'I told you so'. There was only one way to know for sure. I unlocked the door and and walked in to see Madison sitting on the couch watching Glee.

I shut the door which caused her to turn around after pausing the show. She had her eyebrow raised and a smile on her face.

"Well, well, well. Look who is taking their first walk of shame." She said.

"Ha Ha Ha So not funny. My head hurts, I feel gross, and I want to forget what happened." I told her.

"Do you not work today?" She asked.

"Thank god no!" I exasperated.

Madison laughed, "Was it that bad?"

I walked over and sat down next to her, "I don't know."

"You don't know?"She questioned.

I shook my head, "I was drunk, I am only getting bits and pieces. Madison this is so bad! He's my boss, why did I agree to this?"

"I told you it was bound to happen." She told me.

I rolled my eyes, "Madison it's been a week. A week! And then I still had the nerve to walk out without a word or Note? I wouldn't be surprised if I went back to work Monday and got fired."

"Fired? For what? Skipping out on a one night stand? That would make him a complete and total ass to fire you for something like that. He shouldn't be petty if he would keep his junk in his pants." She tried to assure me.

I frowned, "I didn't move here for this you know? I need this job and I quite possibly ruined it in a week!"

"Hey I give you props for waiting a week. I'm surprised you didn't give it up the first day." She laughed.

I threw a pillow at her, "I would never."

I then heard my phone go off, I took my phone out and seen a number I wish I hadn't.

"Oh god." I groaned.

She then took my phone out of my hands and read the text, "Thanks for telling me you left. Good to know you did not enjoy it. See you Monday. Wow I could be getting the wrong tone but that did not sound good."

"What did I just do?" I asked feeling sick and frustrated.

•••

Regret. I might not have had my whole memory of that night but without a doubt I knew one thing for sure. I regretted that day like no other. I've regretted a lot of things in my life but this? Yeah this tops it.

Authors Note//
Don't worry I didn't forget that this is a Shawn Fanfiction he'll be making an appearance soon
But as always let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚