Thirty-Four

Chapter 34

Fight for Them

"Don't interrupt please."

•••

Song: You Are The Reason by Calum Scott

Peyton

You know the saying, if you love someone let them go? Cause if it was meant to be they'll come back? Or however that saying goes? I think it's bullshit. I guess it depends on the context at least, like say if your significant other has an amazing opportunity. Like a new job or school and it's far away, I understand to let them go.

You shouldn't hold someone back from their dreams because of your selfishness. But that's not my case, mine was me being at a place I didn't want to be. And yet I still got let go of. But maybe it was easy for me to be let go of cause they didn't love me. At least that's what I told myself, therefore that saying?

Yeah it's bullshit.

•••

It had been a good week since my doctors appointment. We checked my baby's heartbeat and made sure she was all good. My doctor also asked me how I was doing, if I was taking it easy. Taking my vitamins, walking, eating and sleeping well. And the answer was yes for all of those questions.

That was all I did today. I had my day off of work and decided to go for a walk this morning. Once I had got back home I took a shower, took my vitamins and ate. Now it was 7 at night and I was on my couch watching the Little Mermaid. I was munching on popcorn as I watched the movie by myself.

It got to the part where Ariel sings Part of Your World. I started to sing along since it was one of my favorite Disney songs. Pretty biased since Ariel is my favorite Disney princess. As I sang I felt a little flutter and seen my shirt move a little. I stopped singing and laughed a little before lifting up my shirt. I continued to sing along with the movie but I focused on my stomach.

I then seen her, she moved once again. I smiled big as I continued to sing to her. I even put my hand exactly where she was kicking. I loved this feeling more than anything in the world. More than this movie, more than this song, more than I have loved anyone. That's when I realized I didn't need a guy to come into my life and make me fall in love. But I knew I was completely and utterly in love with my little girl.

The song ended which meant I stopped singing. So the kicking stopped. I sighed with content, I couldn't wait to hold her. To sing to her all the time but this time doing it while holding her in my arms.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard a knock on my door. I paused the movie and carefully stood up while fixing my shirt. I looked at the time and frowned as my eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. I walked to the front door and looked through the peephole. My heart started to race at 100 miles per hour.

I leaned my forehead against the cool wooden door. I closed my eyes before taking a deep breath and letting it out. I stood back before unlocking my door and opening the door.

I looked at him, his brown hair was a mess. He had stubble and he looks like he hasn't slept. Part of me says it's because he works at a hospital, he's a doctor obviously it's because of that. But there's a small part of me that hope it's because of what he did.