Forty-One

Chapter 41

Meet the Parents

"I already told you my thoughts."

•••

June; 2 month old

Peyton

Meeting your partners parents is always nerve wrecking. You want to make a good first impression. You want them to like you. Not only did I feel nervous about meeting Shawn's family but I was nervous of flying with a two month old baby.

•••

"What if we forget something? Maybe we should go back." I say feeling my nerves all the way in my throat.

Shawn laughed, "We didn't forget anything Peyton. We packed everything and checked it like five times already."

I looked out the passengers window of the Range Rover, "But what if we forgot to lock the door?" I asked.

I looked over at him and he shook his head, "Nope, locked it and tried opening it myself. We are good Peyton."

I turn in my seat to look behind me at the car seat mirror. It hung right on the headrest of the seat so I could see Melody perfectly. She was sound asleep and hopefully would remain that way for the rest of the flight. The full five hour flight. Five hours of being nervous.

When we got to the airport we checked all our bags into baggage claim. We were staying for a week, well if all goes smoothly. Shawn hasn't seen his family in months so he deserved to be home for a while. I grabbed the diaper bag which was carryon while Shawn held Melody.

After about a full hour of getting our tickets and going through security check we finally made it to our terminal. By the time we were seated on the plane the nerves were worse than they were from the drive. Shawn had kept the diaper bag on his lap while I carried Melody.

"Can you give me the cover up?" I asked him.

He nodded before looking through the diaper bag. He handed it to me and I put it on. I figured if I fed her not only would my boobs not hurt but maybe she'd sleep the whole flight. After I knew she was eating I looked at Shawn and gave him a tight lipped smile.

"What's wrong love? Why are you stressing?" Shawn asked as he led my hand.

I sighed, "I just want them to like me. I've literally never had a real boyfriend where I met his family. You're the first and to know I'm meeting them with a two month old and we've only been dating for a few months. It's a lot of pressure." I confessed.

He brought my hand to his mouth and kissed it.

"I already told you my thoughts. Knowing my parents they might think it's odd but they'll still welcome you with open arms. I promise and if not like I said we will come back home." Shawn reassured me trying to ease my nerves.

I nodded and looked back at my daughter. I took a deep breath and let it go trying to get rid of the nerves. Once she was done I fixed my shirt and burped her making sure she wouldn't throw up. Once she burped and was sound asleep I took off the coverup and tried to relax for the rest of the flight.