Fifty-Five

Chapter 55

Our Day

"I do."

•••

January

Peyton

To him,
Thank you for walking into my life, baseball to the head and all. Thank you for fighting for me, thank you for loving my baby like no other. There's not enough words I could write to explain how much I love you. You walked into my life showing me what it feels like to be loved.

To find someone who doesn't care about your baggage. Who could careless about your past or the fact that you were a single mother. Or about to be anyways. You show my daughter all the love a father should show his daughter. You love her everyday like it's your last and I cannot begin to explain how happy that makes me.

She's only one and already has so many of your traits. Your animation side, she likes the same things you do despite not knowing what they are. As long as you love them she does too. She even tries to laugh like you do. What I love the most is how you treat her like she's your world even though you didn't have to. And I love that she has her own smile, the one you give that is only for her.

Shawn, I love you with all of me and it scares me. Though like you said, I remember how worth the scare is. and it makes it so much easier to love you both. And you're right, the scare is so worth it.

Love you,
Peyton x

•••

The wedding was originally supposed to be in November. But things with Shawn's work and Serenity's hectic schedule my mom has her on it's been postponed. We decided to have it after Christmas because Serenity and Sam were going to celebrate their anniversary. I suddenly realized my whole wedding date revolved around my sister. Typical.

But at last, it was Sunday, January 14th. The day of my wedding. From the minute I woke up to driving to the venue where our reception would be. I felt nothing but nerves, excited nerves of course. I couldn't wait for this day since the day he proposed to me. Sure the stress of everything was absolutely terrible.

Then things that happened over the past half year was emotionally draining. But the day was finally here, the day I marry the love of my life. The day my little family becomes complete. The thought of it caused tears to come to my eyes.

"Do not start crying Peyton Marie Ellis." My older sister, Serenity warned.

I looked up and tried fanning my eyes, "Okay mom." I said sarcastically.

It's weird how my own words hurt me. As much as my mother hurt me, as much as she was an awful person. Someone who would hurt their own children for their image. It hurt to not have her here, and it sucked I felt that way. It hurt more being a mother because the thought of my daughter ever growing up and feeling that way towards me hurts.

If my mother made an effort, if she actually tried. Apologized and for once never made something about her image or their name. Then I'd actually let her back into my life. But she hasn't, she didn't call the day Melody was born or her birthdays and not even my birthdays.