Thirty-Five

Chapter 35

Guests

"Yup, she's sacrificing so much."

•••

March; 8 months, 9 in two weeks

Peyton

I know every doctor recommends walking during pregnancy. I have been walking, every morning. But when you have a gigantic belly and a baby pressing on your bladder it isn't the easiest thing. Though I manage, and I still stick to my walking.

Though on this specific day I think I was so preoccupied with other things. I didn't even notice I had been on my feet the whole day.

•••

"We need to buy shampoo, conditioner, and new body wash. Also a new comforter set." I said as I wrote the list in my notes.

My sister and her husband, Sam, were flying in tonight. They are going to be staying with us while I offered my dad to stay here, he said there wasn't much room. He's not wrong it's a two bed room house, though he could have stayed in the loft. But my dad being my dad he opted for a hotel, it's not like he couldn't afford it.

"They aren't allergic to anything right? So we don't get the wrong food." Shawn asked as he pushed the cart down the aisle we walked.

"The only thing Ren is allergic to is bees." I told him.

I looked up from my phone and seen him smile, "What?" I asked confused as to how that made him smile.

"I've never been so glad someone was severely allergic to anything in my life," He said before looking at me, "Your sister got stung and was rushed to my hospital where fate brought us together again."

I shook my head but couldn't help but smile, "Don't let her know you're glad she's allergic to bees. She hates hospitals."

"But isn't she going to be in the room while you give birth?" Shawn asked with a laugh.

I nodded as I looked at my list and tried to think about what else the house needed, "Yup, she's sacrificing so much." I said sarcastically.

"We should buy her a gift basket, to thank her." Shawn joked back.

That made me laugh, I then got a phone call. I answered it but Shawn was still laughing. I shoved him a little before putting my finger up to my lips telling him to shush.

"Hi Ren." I answer.

"Hey, we decided to drive up last minute. So we are leaving the house right now and should be there in 6 hours or so." My sister informed me.

"Great well we're at the store right now, any specific requests?" I asked.

While I talked to Serenity, Shawn had put the basic groceries that we needed in the cart. Things like milk, cereal, bread, eggs. I said we but I meant me, Shawn and I don't live together. Well we don't technically but sometimes he stays over. Okay so basically he sleeps over almost every night that he isn't on call. So he was putting groceries I needed into the cart.