Five

Chapter 5

The New Job

"That was way too easy."

•••

Peyton

A week had went on by after I met that doctor and nothing really interesting happened. Therefore there's no need to go much detail into that. But I was getting adjusted to my new life as I tried to be independent. It was way more stressful than I had thought it would be. So I'll save you the boring details and just skip to when I actually got a job.

This is the part of my story that gets quite interesting. I mean you ever meet someone that's completely bad for you? You know they're not good and yet you can't help yourself? Yeah well I found that person.

•••

"So what's on your agenda today?" Madison asked as she walked out into the kitchen.

I sat on the stool eating a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios. I was dressed and ready for the day.

"I am going to go for my second interview back at that coffee business." I told her.

She raised her eyebrow in question as she served herself a bowl of cereal, "Wait the one for that hottie CEO? You never told me they wanted you to go back."

"Well it's not like they're looking for someone with a ton of experience. I'll just be his assistant, so hopefully I don't screw this up." I told her.

"True but let's be real the only thing you'll really want to screw is your boss." She joked.

It made me choke on my cereal, "I am not going to be sleeping with my boss! I am serious about this whole being independent thing."

"I know but who said you can't be independent and get a little pleasure in it?" She asked me as she sat across from me.

I shook my head, "Nope mixing your job and relationships is a big no."

"That's what you say now, but don't come to me telling me you feel something for him." Madison said before leaving the room.

I shook my head at how insane she was being. I looked at the time and realized I should leave so that I'm not late on my first day. I washed my bowl before grabbing my jacket and bag and heading out.

I still didn't want to use my car because my job wasn't that far. I walked to the building I was going to be working in. The only sucky part is the fact that I was wearing a pencil skirt and heels so not exactly comfortable.

Nonetheless I got to the building on time and luckily the sun wasn't beating down on me too much. I fixed myself up before walking to the front desk where a nice old lady sat.

"Hi how can I help you hun?" She asked kindly.

"I have a second interview with Mr. McAdams." I told her.

She looked through her notes and pulled out a sheet of paper. She put on her purple reading glasses before looking up towards me.

"Ah yes Ms. Ellis, He is expecting you on the 21st floor." She told me as she gave me a warm smile.

"Thank you very much." I replied before readjusting my bag.

I turned around and headed towards the elevator. I clicked on the button and waited as the elevator was on its way down. I then seen someone come up next to me out of the corner of my eye.

The elevator arrived and I walked in and turned to press the button with the number 21 on it. I finally got to see the person who was next to me and it was him. My future boss. I thought he would already be in his office but he wasn't, obviously.

The elevator's doors then closed and it was a slow awkward ride back up. I held my breath as the awkwardness in the elevator thickened.

"Miss Peyton nice to see you back." He finally broke the silence.

I looked over at him and smiled, "Well I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you."

The bell then rang when we got to the floor. The doors then opened and I walked out first but waited for him to walk ahead. He lead the way to his office and when we got to it he opened the door. I followed behind and sat down.

"Miss Ellis I called you back here for a second interview because I think you're an amazing girl. Definitely a sight for sore eyes but I also have a lot of faith in your work ability." He explained to me.

He studied me with those stunning blue eyes. He really was good looking, I'm talking he just walked out of a magazine. If he wasn't my boss I would've loved to meet him somewhere that wasn't work.

"Thank you Mr. McAdams-" I didn't even get to finish my sentence.

"That's my father, call me Nate." He told me as he gave me a warm smile.

"Well...Nate I am grateful to have been able to get a second interview. I'm sure others must be just as ecstatic but I will be the best decision you will ever make. I get things done, focused, and I am very hard working." I said confidently trying to persuade him and show him my qualities.

"Peyton, no one else got a second interview. You got the job." He announced.

It took me a second to realize what he just said. I looked at him in shock yet gratitude.

"Wait what? That's it? I got the job?" I asked causing him to laugh.

"Yes Miss Ellis, you start tomorrow. Tell Jeanine in the front that you got the job and she should give you everything I've given her to give to you." He told me.

"That was way too easy." I mumbled.

Luckily he didn't hear, I just nodded and stood up, I shook his hand and thanked him. His large hand swallowed mine and he flashed me a nice, sexy smile.

"I look forward to working with you Peyton." He told me in a husky tone.

This whole situation made my heart stop and legs feel weak. I'm just glad I didn't lose balance or even show a sign that he had an effect on me. I let go of his hand and left his office and back to the elevator.

I actually got a job for an amazing company. I really didn't expect my life to go this way. To move to a new city and be independent and things actually go my way.

•••

Or so I thought, because we all know whenever we think something good happens to us there's always something bad following close behind. It's the universe trying to balance things out. And trust me they did more than balance it all out.

Authors Note//
Hehe this story is going to be picking up.
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚