Eleven

Chapter 11

Shit Happens

"So much for becoming independent."

•••

Peyton

Life. Nothing we do in our life is ever set and stone. Some how things change and it's either for the better or for the worst. There's also the fact that every choice has a different outcome. Whether the option was on purpose or if it was a mistake. We all have to face whatever the outcome is.

So no matter what we choose, no matter how we want to live or want our life to go it's not a for sure. No one said anything would be easy, many things have to happen in order to be happy. But how are you supposed to feel happy without feeling every other emotion?

This chapter is how I felt every other emotion and how nothing was set and stone.

•••

When got back from the hospital Madison was home and we had filled her in on everything that happened. We had also went out to eat and made sure to get Serenity an epinephrine pen. Other than that there was nothing special that occurred that day.

Serenity stayed in my room with me, and I forgot why I hated sharing a room with her. She always woke up super early and I loved sleep.

"Wake up Peyton, I was thinking we could go get donuts or something." I heard her suggest.

I groaned, "No I'm tired."

"Peyton get your lazy ass up!" She said before yanking the blanket off of me.

I sat up and glared at her, "I do not want to go, I want to stay and sleep in more."

"Peyton get up because one it's not like you're working, and two I will not be seeing you again for a couple of months. Can you please get up with me?" She asked.

I sighed before getting up and walking to my closet. I grabbed some clothes and then walked over to my bathroom. I hated when she tried to guilt trip me into things, us living apart happens to be something else she'll use against me.

I got dressed into some leggings and a baby blue sweatshirt. I fixed my hair before going back into my room. I seen that Serenity made up my bed and now sat on it as she texted someone. I cleared my throat and she looked up and smiled.

"Ready to go?" She asked.

"Sadly yes." I answered.

We then walked out of my room and out the front door. Madison was still asleep so we were as quiet as we could be. We got into her car and she drove us to the nearest donut shop.

"So are you going to text the doctor?" She asked me breaking the silence.

I rolled my eyes but couldn't help smiling, "Never because he has my number and I don't have his."

"He's cute, and sweet from what I could tell. Oh and he's a doctor, sis if you don't do something you're actually stupid. Because you know mom would approve." She informed me.