Forty-Two

Chapter 42

Family

"Someone he wish he had met before.."

•••

Peyton

I never knew what a real, genuine, loving home felt like. I think you all already know this based on all the chapters involving my mother. I figured they just didn't exist. I'm not saying there's a perfect family out there where they don't fight. There's no such thing.

But Shawn's family? They were closer to it than I had ever seen. And being with them made me happy, but it also made me sad. Sad to know I've never had that feeling once when being with mine. I've had it with my dad, with serenity, and my grandma.

But not with my family as a whole.

•••

I woke up to the wonderful smell of food. I could smell waffles or was it pancakes? No matter what it was it made me hungry. I opened my eyes and looked around the unfamiliar room. It was your typical boy's bed room. I looked around and turned in the bed to see my sleeping loves.

I don't know when Shawn put her in the bed because she was in her bassinet last I checked. But he had her well protected in between us. Pillows separating her from us, but he was facing her. I looked down at my Melody and lightly touched her face. From her long lashes to her little nose then to her soft cheeks.

I slowly got off the bed to go use the bathroom. When I quietly walked out of the room I walked into the bathroom. I used the bathroom before cleaning up and going back into the room. When I snuck back in Shawn was still asleep but Melody was awake.

"Hi my baby." I whispered.

I picked her up when I sat back down on the bed. I gave her kisses which caused her to smile. She tried to grab my face but every time she got close I'd pull her away.

"You hungry?" I asked as if she could answer.

I started to feed her while I checked my phone. I had a few texts from Serenity and Madison. Madison making sure I got here safe and Serenity asking about next month's plans. I set my phone down and looked over at Shawn, he was still sound asleep. Probably catching up on the sleep he's missed from the hospital.

I finished feeding Melody, burped her, and then changed her. Once she was done and cleaned up I decided on letting shawn sleep more. I carefully walked out of the room and downstairs with Melody. I seen Shawn's mom and dad in the kitchen, she cooked while he sat at the table with his coffee.

"Good morning." I greet them as I made my way fully in the room.

His mom smiled, "Good morning you two, where's shawn?" She asked as she flipped pancakes.

I walked over to the table and sat down with Melody in my arms, "He's asleep. I figured he'd catch up on what he has missed since he works a lot."

"Yeah, well the food is done, just finishing up this pancake." Karen told me.

I smiled, "Thank you I'll get some right now."