Twenty-Eight

Chapter 28

Unnecessary Stress

"Thank you for always checking on me."

•••

Peyton

Stress has and always will be something dangerous to me. Yet it was something I could never stop myself from doing. But the difference about stressing this time around was it was effecting more than just me. There was also someone there to stop me from doing it.

•••

I woke up with the bright sun hitting the white walls of my old bedroom. I opened my eyes and adjusted to the brightness. I then felt the need to pee really bad, though as I was gonna get up I felt pressure around my stomach. I looked to find Shawn's arm wrapped around me. That's when I felt him against my back.

This feeling caused my heart to speed up and butterflies to flutter in my stomach. I wanted to enjoy this moment a little longer, but I really had to use the bathroom. I shifted a little so that maybe he'd let me go or move away. But he didn't if anything his grip on me got tighter which only made me laugh.

"Shawn?" I asked softly.

Nothing, "Shawn." I said a little louder.

"Hmm." He mumbled.

"Shawn you need to let me go I have to use the bathroom really bad. She's pushing on my bladder." I told him.

"Oh sorry." I heard his raspy voice say before he let go of me and moved away.

"You're okay." I laughed before getting off the bed and going to the bathroom.

After I used the bathroom and freshened up I walked back into my room. Shawn was now digging through his suitcase to find an outfit to change into.

"The bathroom is all yours." I told him.

He gave me a smile before grabbing his clothes and going into the bathroom. I opened my bags and grabbed a pink long sleeved dress. It fit me tight so it made my bump stick out more. I took it to the bathroom that was across from my room. I took a quick shower before going back into my room to do my makeup.

Shawn was putting on his shoes when I walked in. He wore a white T-shirt with a short sleeve green button up. Shawn left it unbuttoned and wore black jeans. He always dressed so well, definitely someone who would be in a magazine.

"So what are the plans for today?" Shawn asked looking up from tying his shoes.

I took my eyes off of him and started doing my makeup. I shrugged my shoulders as I looked at him through the mirror.

"I'm not sure, but if I had to guess Serenity will want to go shopping for tomorrow." I told him as I started to do my foundation.

I glanced to see him lean back on the couch. It caused his biceps to flex, I peeled my eyes away. Damn my hormones. I busted myself with finishing my makeup and telling myself not to look at him.

I finished up and moved to grab my sneakers. Knowing Serenity we'd be going to more than one store and we'd be there for a while. Therefore I needed to get comfortable walking shoes.