Sixty-Six

Chapter 66

First Day

"She didn't even care."

•••

August; 1 year later

Peyton

As a parent all you want for your children is happiness. You'd do anything for them. You want to see them grow up and be successful and happy. But at the same time you want to stop time, you want to have them small forever. The world can be scary, it will hurt them in so many different ways.

It's just life, and we can't protect them from it all. But we could try our best to lead them in the right direction. No matter how my children grow up, no matter their beliefs. I will always love them and just want them to be happy.

•••

"Are you sure? You know they said you're still a little early." Shawn said from the bathroom.

I was finishing up getting Alexander and Madelyn ready. They were both turning two next month. I'm not even sure where time went, I could've sworn I was just pregnant with the two. Now that they were older though you could see a lot of both of us in them. They had Shawn's smile, which I loved more than anything.

"I don't want to stay daddy." Melody told him.

"Go?" Alexander asked as I put Madelyn's hair in a ponytail.

I nodded, "Yeah right now."

"But if you stay you'll spend a whole other year with Madelyn and Alexander. All day watching Disney movies." Shawn tried to convince Melody.

You see Melody turned four this year. She's been asking to go to school, no she's been begging. We told her she was too young, she still had a whole year to wait. Though she didn't take no for an answer, so with some major convincing and many meetings with the school. It happened.

She was very smart, due to being a stay at home mom I spent a lot of time with her. Melody is also very observant and just catches onto things quickly. Which is a blessing and a curse because she became a parrot at one point. Shawn and I had to watch what we said, still do.

Anyways she's very smart so the school seen the potential. They allowed her to start school early and Shawn was feeling the withdrawal. He didn't want her to start school, I'm sure it was because she was getting too big for his liking.

"I will see them after." She told him, see smart girl.

"Shawn, we have to go. Are you two done?" I asked as I got up and held onto Alexander and Madelyn's hands.

I turned to the restroom and seen Shawn putting the scrunchies in Melody's hair. She looked beautiful and he looked sad. Shawn took her off the counter and set her down on the floor.

"Ready to go sweets?" I asked her.

She nodded, "Yup!"

Melody walked past me and hurried to go grab her backpack. Shawn looked at me and he had a pout. I shook my head and laughed at how funny he was being.