Seventeen

Chapter 17

Not Close Enough

"You don't want to know."

•••

Peyton

When you let someone in it can be really scary. You don't know how someone could react to what you say. What if they judge you and your life and don't want anything to do with you anymore? Then they'd leave with secrets and things you'd never told anyone yet there they go.

Especially with my past and who I am I was scared to share that. Only cause I knew how people changed and acted once they knew who I was. I didn't want that when I moved to San Francisco. So to say I am nervous to open up was a complete understatement.

•••

I walked out of the cafe and seen Shawn standing by his truck. He took a drink of the coffee before smiling at me when he saw me nearing him.

"You look very tired, are you sure you don't just wanna go home and sleep? I wouldn't take it personal." I told him feeling bad.

He chuckled but honestly that's all I wanted to do at the moment. A nap sounded absolutely amazing right now. My feet and back ached so I wouldn't mind just going home and just crawling into bed.

"Are you tired?" He asked me.

"No." I lied.

He is giving up sleep for me after being up for 18 hours the least I could do was give up sleep for him. It's only five in the afternoon anyways so it's not like it was late.

"So what did you want to do?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, "We can go to my house. I make amazing cinnamon rolls."

That made him laugh, "Dessert for dinner?"

"Hey I have an excuse." I told him before heading to my car.

He held his hands up in surrender, "Im not judging I was just asking."

I smiled before opening my car door and getting into the passengers seat. I seen Shawn get into his truck and start it up. I then drove to my house and every now and then would look in my rear view mirror to see if Shawn was following. I then drove into my garage which allowed Shawn to park in my driveway.

I turned off my car and grabbed my keys and bag before getting out. I seen him get out of his truck all while having a big cheesy smile on his face. I couldn't help but laugh at how he looked.

He walked into my garage before I closed the garage door. We then walked into the door that lead to the inside of my house. I've never really lived alone till now and I thought it would be weird but it's kind of comforting.

"Welcome to my now furnished house, I remember the last time you were here it wasn't even done." I told him as I set my bag down on the counter of the kitchen.

Shawn looked around, "Yeah I'm pretty sure there were still a lot of boxes last time I was here."

I took off my shoes so that I was wearing my socks. But I wanted to change my clothes so I was more comfortable.