Twenty-Nine

Chapter 29

Baby Shower

"You okay?"

•••

Peyton

I had always been told I had a crazy intuition. I just got these, feelings. Like I'd feel something in my gut, when something wasn't okay. I was never sure if they were correct or not until something happened. But most of the time I was never wrong about it.

•••

When Serenity and I got home after shopping it was late. And I was completely tired from walking all day. I had called it a night early and when I went upstairs Shawn was already in bed. I didn't think anything of it, because I was too exhausted to. The next morning I woke with my feet and back extremely sore.

I sat up and went to the bathroom. Once I was done using it I washed up and brushed my teeth. When I was done I walked back to the room and noticed the bed was empty. I didn't even realize that when I woke up.

I grabbed my robe from my vanity and put it on before slipping on my slippers. I opened my bedroom door and walked down the stairs and to where I heard voices. One of them already made me have a headache.

"No, more to the right, to the right John!" My mothers all too well annoying voice boomed.

I seen Shawn and my dad moving a arch of pink and gold balloons towards the back door. It was like a archway to our backyard, which is where I assume the baby shower will be held. They followed my moms demands before setting it down.

"You sure don't waste time huh?" I asked as I looked to see so many people running around to decorate.

If this was for a baby shower I couldn't imagine my sister's wedding. I'm sure it will be even more hectic. Everyone turned around to look at me.

"Doesn't it look so cute and pink?" Serenity asked me as she finished fixing the tray that held pink cookies.

I laughed, "Yeah definitely looks like miss Barbie came to help."

I looked and seen my mother, she didn't look my way. She was too busy typing away on her phone. She then disappeared to the kitchen, I'm sure to bark more orders. I think it's best we don't engage in the next few days, don't want to ruin things for Serenity.

My eyes found their way to Shawn. He stood there with a smile, i was going to go over but Serenity got ahold of my arm.

"Let's go get you ready." She told me.

With one swift motion we were turned around and headed back up to my room. While we were up there I had taken a shower and got dressed in a pink dress that had a bunch of little white hearts everywhere. I sat at my vanity to do my makeup as Serenity did my hair.

"Since when has Shawn been up?" I asked.

Serenity just shrugged, "Not sure, he was up before I was. Which is unfortunate because the only people up with him was mom and dad."

I didn't ask anything else, once I was finished up I put on my white toms.

"You look super cute, I have your sash downstairs though." Serenity told me as I looked in the mirror.