Forty-Five

Chapter 45

Birthday trip

"Already sounds like the best birthday."

•••

August; 4 months

Peyton

One of the few things I looked forward to when it came to starting a family. Was oddly enough road trips, but I didn't really see the difficulty in it. But when you have a four month old baby in the back and decide to travel far? Yeah it's not easy.

•••

Shawn's birthday was in three days and I had no idea what I was going to get him. Or what to even do for him. I was normally one to be a step ahead of birthdays or surprises. But I felt like this time there had to be so much more for him. Though my mind kept coming to a blank every single time I tried to think of something.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. He kissed the side of my head as he held me.

"Good morning." I told him as I flipped over the pancake.

"Good morning love." He responded never moving away.

"Are you okay?" I asked with a laugh.

"Yeah why?" Shawn asked in confusion.

I shook my head, "No reason, you're just an extra cuddly today."

"Can't I be?" He asked before kissing my cheek.

"I'm not complaining," I laughed as I turned in his arms so I was facing him and then wrapped my arms around his neck, "It's just unlike you so I thought maybe you had something on your mind. I just thought I could ask was all."

"Thank you for being concerned but no, there's nothing wrong with me." He told me before leaning down and capturing my lips with his.

I kissed him back before pulling away to finish cooking. Shawn let go of me and walked out of the kitchen.

"Hi my baby." I heard him say enthusiastically.

I couldn't help but smile, he truly was something else. Which is why I knew his birthday had to be the absolute best. But I was the worst at coming up with something good enough for him.

"Hey your birthday is coming up." I say as I finished cooking the last pancake, I placed it on a plate.

I heard shawn laugh, "I am aware."

"So anything in particular you wanna do or you want?" I asked as I fixed our plates.

Shawn walked over with Melody in his arms, "No, I got all I need."

"Shawn that's cheesy." I said as I put his plate in front of him.

"Might be but I'm serious. I got you and Melody and that's all I need. No watches or cars or whatever else people ask for. A day with you two is perfect." Shawn told me as he handed me Melody.

I took her from him and went to put her back on her swing. Once she was buckled in, I walked back to shawn.

"That's everyday though. I wanna do something for your birthday." I pouted as I sat down next to him.