Chapter 1 - Everyday life

A/N: That is our Song Yuqi in the media. She would be the one to represent Jihyun in this story❤

Jihyun's POV

"Here's your order ma'am," I said as I handed the cheesecake and cappuccino to the woman with a smile. Then I headed back to the counter with the empty tray in my hands.

I glanced at my wristwatch which reads 7:30 AM. That means thirty minutes before classes starts.

I looked for the manager and spotted him right beside the counter talking to one of my co-workers.

I approached him and gently patted his shoulder. "Uhh...Mr. Bae, I have to go now."

He looked at his watch and nodded. "Sure go ahead. You wouldn't want to be late for school, right??" he replied with a smile.

"Thank you, Mr. Bae," I said and bowed before leaving him.

"Jihyun, wait!"

I turned only to see him pull out his wallet. He took out 30,000 won and handed it to me. "Here is your allowance."

"Oh, sir, you don't have to----"

"Oh come on, it is not like I have not done this yet," he laughed and forced the money on my hand. "A hard working girl at your age deserves it."

I beamed. "Words cannot express how thankful I am to have you, Mr. Bae."

He just ruffled my hair and motioned me to go on.

Mr. Bae is my manager. He is a kind man who is very generous. He knows how my life is going on so he treats me pretty well and gives me bonus which I am really thankful of. He is also pretty approachable and friendly so it was not hard to be with him.

I grabbed my bag in the lockers and went to the restroom and changed into my school uniform. Then I exited the restroom and bid goodbye to Mr. Bae once more before leaving the café.

My school is just 5 minutes away even if I walk it. That is a good thing because I never get late. Our school is pretty strict and we always have to be on time.

As I walked down the paved sidewalk, I recalled all the lessons we had yesterday as I walk. This is what I always do because we never know if the teacher would give us a quiz. They are pretty fond of giving surprise quizess. So I need to be prepared always.

I sometimes hear from my teachers complimenting me about being smart. I guess I am just pretty much studious and have nothing else to focus on.

I finally reached the gate of our school. The guard smiled at me and I returned the favor and bowed.

I watched as the students do all the everyday things in this school as I walked in. They were all doing the usual things they do. Some are playing tricks on someone, some are riding on their skateboards which actually not allowed in our school, girls are applying more make-up on their already caked faces etc.

I feel like an outcast, really. Because though there are some nerds in school they have their own group of friends. While here I am, the only student who has no one with her but her books.