Chapter 71 - Plan B

Jihyun's POV

"What if you tell Baekhyun about it?"

That question kept ringing in my head as I laid down on bed, wide awake with thoughts that continued running through my mind.

It was indeed a very risky option, as Logan said. It may make things easier for me if I do so, but I don't want to hurt Baekhyun.

And I know I would by telling him the truth.

Plus, I am so far ahead this relationship to tell him. That'll totally add up to the pain I don't want him to have.

I groaned silently, not wanting to wake the others up and drag them into the sleeplessness I had.

When times like this happens, it sometimes made me wish that I haven't done this at all.

It made me think that I made a wrong move.

Then I'll just continue to succumb into a pit of sadness and guilt.

----------

"Jihyun?? Jihyun... Jihyun... Jihyun..."

I woke up to someone constantly shaking me and calling my name.

Subconsciously, I groaned as my eyes fluttered open, clearing up to the view of Baekhyun chuckling at me.

"You must have had a great slumber that you don't want to get out of bed," he continued, helping me sit up.

Yeah... A great amount of three hours of sleep.

"Come on now, we'll be late for school."

I nodded, following after him with a yawn.

We got ready like usual, taking a bath, having breakfast and then setting off for another day of preparation at school.

In the car, I couldn't help but fall back against the seat and fall into a short nap. Even at the club room whenwe arrived, while waiting for the rest to arrive so we could start.

"Hey.." I felt Baekhyun, whose shoulder I leaned my head against to, shook my shoulder gently, "You alright?"

I nodded. "Does your head hurt or something??" he asked which made me chortle silently.

"I'm fine, Baek.. Just a little bit sleepy."

"After sleeping extra this morning," he teases, which made me whine silently. "Just kidding.. go ahead, just sleep," he laughed softly, storming my hair gently with his fingers.

After a few minutes, he gently shook me by my shoulders to wake me up.

For the morning, we were practicing for the choir - contrast to yesterday when we had choir at the afternoon. Hence, we would be practicing the flash mob this afternoon.

After practice, we headed to the cafeteria for lunch, even though I want nothing else but to head to the library and have a few minutes of sleep at least. Especially that we're practicing a more energy-consuming activity later on.

But food is essential too so I saved my excuses to not join them for lunch.

"Hey," Baekhyun whispers, walking up beside me and wrapping an arm around my waist, "You're awfully quieter than bring already quieter than usual. You okay? Are you still sleepy??"

"Well, sort of."

"Okay... Do you want to go somewhere quiet? I could bring your food there."

"No, thank you, I'll be fine."