Chapter 73

Chanyeol's POV

"...Yeah... I'll meet you down there.." I spoke to Choimin at the other end of the phone as I walked out of my hotel room.

But I stopped as soon as I heard a familiar voice from afar.

"Chanyeol..."

I turned, and nearly dropped my phone when I saw Jihyun standing from afar.

Am I seeing things??

Or is she actually here??

I blinked, but she remained at her spot. How is she even here??

I snapped out of my thoughts when the door in front of me opened. adding up to my already shocked state, Baekhyun walked right out of it.

Then it clicked in my head, his family is also invited.

Does that mean...?

I turned to Jihyun again, then to Baekhyun who was grinning at me. "Yeol! You're here!!"

"Yeah..." was the only thing I managed to answer, still trying to wrap my mind around the sudden occurrences. "You're.. with Jihyun??" I asked, confirming what I had in mind.

It was like his smile brightened as he beckoned Jihyun to come closer to him. His smile tugged onto something again, but I did my best to stay composed like always.

I wonder how it would feel to be smiling like that as well because of Jihyun...

Ha... Stop it, Chanyeol... You're being painfully stupid.

"I am. How about Yura noona, Mr. and Mrs. Park? Are they with you too??"

I shook my head. "It's just me... I am meeting Choimin downstairs, she also came alone," I answered.

"Is that so?? Then I guess you wouldn't mind to join us at a table, right??" Baekhyun asked.

Of course I wouldn't mind them joining, though it might feel a bit awkward for Jihyun, Choimin and I – the three of us who knows about the current situation.

But I couldn't turn him down.

I sighed inwardly. "I won't mind."

"Great! Besides, it'll be better to have more company in a place where we're surrounded by people we don't know. Right, Jihyun??"

We both turned to the latter who had a subtle startled look on her face, her eyes played on the two of us first before nodding. "Yeah."

"Let's go now then!" Baekhyun exclaimed in excitement and held Jihyun by the hand, the two walking ahead the two of us.

Subconciously my eyes trailed down onto their interlocked fingers. As much damage it could and is already starting to cause me, it was as if my vision was just glued on it.

And I thought that this short get-away would be great help.

We hopped onto the elevator and headed to the ground floor. The buffet would be held outside, there were mats prepared for everyone just outside the hotel. It was not that sunny so it was the perfect weather to have our lunch outside.

"Chanyeol, there's Choimin right over there," Baekhyun points out as soon as we got out of the building.

I turned to the direction he was pointing at and indeed, Choimin was on her way towards us. The latter's smile widened upon seeing the other two behind me.

"Jihyun... Baekhyun," she mused, "It's great to see the two of you here."

"It's great to see you and Chanyeol too," Baekhyun replied and Jihyun only nodded with a smile. "I invited Chanyeol to come eat with us and he agreed, we're just needing your answer."