Chapter 55 - Escaped

Jihyun's POV

It has been a week since Heeji left, and the last week of November.

A lot changed. It is weird how it felt like things weren't the same anymore without her when I started hanging out with the boys weeks before she even came in and became a part of my life.

News of it spread like fire in school, I couldn't expect anything more but the fact that even the cut-off of Chanyeol and Heeji's marriage was figured out is a bit shocking.

Girls started to flock around Chanyeol after finding out that he is already 'free.' But the latter did not bother giving a care about any of the girls or even try to flirt back like every one of us expected that he would do since Chanyeol is a bit of a player himself.

Instead, he gave them the cold shoulder and just completely ignored these girls. If he wasn't ignoring them, he'd be quite rude towards them.

"...Look, I really don't care about anything you're saying right now," Chanyeol once told a girl who was introducing herself to him. The girl was none other than Jaeshin - one of the school's cheerleader.

"Chanyeol," I even scolded him silently. I was with him at that time because he was asking me to help him with his math assignment.

"Whatever. Let's go," he scoffed and just pulled me away from the place.

I thought Chanyeol was being like it because Heeji left. But he was still like his normal self when he's with us.

"...He is still goofy, arrogant, boastful.. Well... He is just him," I said and earned a laugh from the girl on the phone.

"Typical Chanyeol. But at least he isn't the same guy before, all lost and stuff."

"I guess. I never really paid that much attention to him at the past anyway," I half lied. I do sometimes pay attention to him but I never really had an affirmation of all the things he had been doing in the past. "When are you coming back??"

"Seriously, Jihyun, it has just been a week."

I laughed. "Yeah... But we really miss you a lot, Heeji."

"I miss you guys too... Time will come and I will visit you. And it would be as soon as possible. Plus, I miss the cold weather in Korea."

"You better do," I chuckled back.

"Let's change topic. How are you and Baekhyun? Finally answered him??"

I paused for a while. "...No."

"What? Seriously?? Until now??"

"Don't get me wrong.. I like Baekhyun."

"Then why aren't you doing any move??"

"Liking someone just doesn't seem enough for me..." I answered. "Baekhyun is a really great guy. He is amazing and perfect in every ways, I just need to wait until my feelings grow deeper. Because once I answer him, I want him to be my first and last," I admitted, hoping that there is no one hiding anywhere to here. I am back at my house anyway to clean.

"That's... Actually sweet, Jihyun."

"Yeah.." I chuckled shyly.

"Jihyun!!" a familiar voice called out after two knocks on the door.

"Just a second!" I called back then turned to the phone. "I have to go now. Baekhyun's here."

"Sure thing. Talk to you soon!"

"Bye," I uttered back and quickly hang up.

Baekhyun's POV

"Baekhyun is a really great guy. He is amazing and perfect in every ways, I just need to wait until my feelings grow deeper. Because once I answer him, I want him to be my first and last,"