Chapter 18 - Almost

Jihyun's POV

The guy in front of me reached his hand out towards me and I took it.

"Jihyun..." he uttered.

"Baekhyun..." I responded. "What are you doing here??"

"Oh... Uh... Chen sort of tricked me in here. He said that he would come with me inside but ran away once the door shut behind me."

I looked closer to his face and saw something glistening, like a line down his cheeks. I frowned in realization. "We're you crying??"

"What??" he sniffed and quickly wiped away the streaks on his face. "Of course not! H-Hahaha! Why would I cry?"

I just rolled my eyes then looked around. "This house is quite big and I lost Sehun. He had the map and Red with him..."

"Red? Who is Red?"

I smiled. "I will show it to you later." then my eyes landed on the map in his hands. "Wait... Would you mind to help me look around in this house? I memorized the things I would need to look for anyways."

"Yeah, I guess that would be fine. Even though I already got all I needed."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Are you trying to make me feel bad for that??"

"Of course not," he laughed before wrapping his arm around me. "Come on."

I looked down at the map in his hands. "Oh... The exit here isn't shown," I uttered in realization.

"We will think of that later on before finding what you needed. What do you need?"

"A red dress. It says on the map that it is the only red dress here."

"Oh! I happened to stumble across one in the secret cabinet in the closet where I found these." He raised his sunglasses up.

"That's great! Let's go there!" I giddily said and pulled him but he won't budge. "Baek??"

"I'm... The ghost that is protecting the cabinet is pretty terrifying."

I wanted to tease him but I also wanted to get out of this place immediately so I just asked, "What does it look like?"

"T-That..."

I turned my head to the end of the hallway. He was pointing at a painting hung up on the wall there.

"That?? That is just a nun!" I laughed.

"You don't get it! Some says she is real... I don't want to come back in there anymore."

I rolled my eyes and held onto his arm and tightened my grip there. Then I dragged him to the closet.

"N-No!! Jihyun-ah! Please, I am begging you!! I am too scared!"

"Shut it!" I chortled and halted in front of the door as the guy beside me continued to ramble.

"Jihyun-ah! Please, I do not want to get in there! Trust me, it is too creepy!!"