Chapter 4 - Second Move

Jihyun's POV

I got to school the same time like yesterday. The number of customers are still the same, they didn't increase nor did they decrease. It makes me worry about it actually. If the number of customers continue to decrease, my salary will decrease as well. My salary for each month is just enough for my daily needs and the bill I pay. How much more if it would decrease?

Hmm... There must be something I could do so that the cafe would start gaining more customers.

"Ugh... Here comes the trash."

My brows rose when I heard someone speak. I turned to my left to see girls snickering at me. I just decided to ignore them as they kept on calling me names. It is pretty uncomfortable to have everyone's eyes on you as you walk along the hallways and you hear them call you unwanted words. No matter how hard I try to ignore them, the barrier is not that durable. It still leaks through. But since I am hard-headed and I won't easily back down and leave this school, I should get used of this life I accepted I already accepted my fate ever since I talked back to the school's king.

It always feels like a huge tsunami of relief just washed over me whenever I enter the library. But this time, I was surprised. Some of the tables were occupied by students. There were students inside the library.

What is in this library that caused lots of students to come here?

This is a strange occurrence. Students only visit the library before the exams to borrow books or read books here or just look smart. Aside from that, I know no other reason. And the exams are still far away.

It felt new that there are students inside the library who has their heads all turned to you.  I headed for my usual spot but it is already occupied. I looked for the next farthest spot but it is occupied as well. The only unoccupied tables are the ones in the middle.

Seriously... What is going on??

Even though I am against it, I chose the center table were there were no students seated at and no students surrounding the table.

I placed my bag on top of the table, ignoring all the states that are shot towards me. I sighed and took a seat but just as my bottom touched the wooden chair, a fart sound echoed across the whole library. The silent atmosphere made it even louder.

What the..who did that?

I frowned as the students laughed, looking at me. Some were looking at me in disgust. They all started muttering words.

"Gosh. That was totally embarrassing."

"Did she just fart in front all of us?"

"That was so gross."

"Can't she just do it somewhere else?"

I frowned.

They are thinking that I was the one who farted?!

My eyes roamed around the room looking at every face of the students. I felt totally embarrassed even though I did not really do it.

Until I spotted Chanyeol, a few tables away from me with his phone in his hand. He was looking directly at me with the usual annoying smirk on his face.