Chapter 70 - Risks

Jihyun's POV

I was in the apartment's bedroom, on D.O.'s bed once again, with my head on his lap as I ranted about the unfortunate events from school earlier.

"I... I really hated what he has done and said earlier... B-But I still feel guilty for slapping him..."

"That's understood since it probably came from pure emotional pressure you've been going through for days mixed up with the frustration earlier," D.O. replied, gently stroking my hair which somehow relieved me. "I am sure he could let it pass..."

I sighed. "Yeah... But I still didn't want to hurt him. Even though he could truly take a simple slap, I am sure that one hit him differently... Especially that..." I trailed off unable to finish what I was trying to say. "I-If I were him... I would be hurt..."

"Do you want to apologize to him?"

"Of course I do.. But.." I bit my lip. "I wouldn't be able to do so easily."

"Do you want me to help set the two of you up for it?"

I pushed myself off his lap, shaking my head. "It'll be fine, Kyungsoo... Thank you though."

He smiled. "Sure thing... Just come to me anytime you want to if you need some help, alright?"

I nodded. "Got that... Thank you."

-----------

It was Tuesday, another day of school hook. Just like the past ones I am stil dreading to go, but I still have to attend.

Things are going to continue regularly until tomorrow, then we will start the preparation by Thursday and Friday.

"Good morning, students," our Biology teacher greeted upon entering the classroom. "As everyone is probably aware of, this is our second to the last day for this year... But since I know have one task left your you, I will let you decide if you want to have it today or tomorrow."

"What is the task, Ms. Park?" asked one of my classmates.

With a small smile, she answered, "A fifty-item activity which is equivalent to a hundred points - but don't worry...  You're doing this with a partner which I have set up before hand and I have the list right now."

The whole class then started to murmur their decisions if when to take the activity.

"If you want to, you could take the activity tomorrow and I will give you a short review for today, how does that sound?"

The whole class immediately agreed to it. Personally it is a pretty good choice. Thank you, Ms. Park.

The latter then started to give the list if names of our classmates to be partnered up.

"...Sehun and Mirae..." she goes in. "...Jihyun and Suho.."

My face lit up as I turned to Suho who was also grinning at me.

"I wanted you as my partner.." I heard Baekhyun whisper.

I turned to him who currently had a pout and said, "It's fine. We could partner up some other--"

"Oh, no - wait, I'm sorry," Ms. Park speaks up. "I meant to say Hangyul then Suho, then Jihyun and Chanyeol."

The freak...

I felt my sweat drop upon hearing that. I was surprised, I really was. For a few seconds I wished that I just misheard things but it slowly started sinking in as Ms. Park went on with her list.

Hell no... I couldn't be partnered with that guy. I--

"Ms. Park?"

The teacher in front lifted her gaze up to Chanyeol who suddenly spoke, her forefinger pushing her glasses up slightly as she questioned, "Yes?"