Chapter 46 - Foundation Night

Jihyun's POV

Tonight is the night of our Foundation Day celebration. Maybe this celebration would at least help get things off my mind.

I woke up early to prepare them breakfast. It is not really considered early, I woke up nine in the morning. But still earlier than the rest. It is just like the usual breakfast that we would always have.

Ring~ Ring~

My brows raised a bit high when my phone started to ring. I wonder who it is. Only the boys and Joshua have my number.

Joshua...

I quickly turned the stove off for a while and wiped my hands on the apron clean. Then I headed to my phone which is on the kitchen island. But it wasn't Joshua yet Chanyeol.

What's this guy up to?

I answered the call and pressed it on my ear. "What's up with you calling?" I asked.

"Coms up here in my room. I have something to tell you."

"I'm cooking our breakfast, Chanyeol," I sighed.

"Then stop cooking for a while. This is important." his voice sounded really sleepy and husky.

"Why don't you go down here instead, lazy boy? I told you, I am busy."

My head snapped to the entrance when I heard the door slide open. And in went D.O. "Good morning," he greets with a small smile.

"Morning, Kyungsoo."

"See? Kyungsoo is there... Leave the cooking to him."

"Fine," I groaned, rolling my eyes. He hangs up immediately and I placed the phone down.

"Who was it?" D.O. inquires.

"Chanyeol. He wants me to go to his room because he has something to tell," I answered.

"That hyung could be so lazy sometimes."

"Yeah," I sighed in agreement. "Would you mind taking over for the meantime?"

He nods. "Go ahead."

"Thanks." I smiled then walked out the kitchen and to Chanyeol's room.

D.O.'s right, Chanyeol could be so lazy sometimes. Instead of getting out of bed to tell me, he told me on the phone instead. In fact, he could have told me what he is supposed to while we were on the phone. I suppose he just loves to make things harder for me.

With a subtle roll of my eyes, I knocked on his door and pushed it open as he told me to come in.

I just looked at him, who's in bed with his phone. I had my hands on my hips and a brow raised.

He feigned a surprised look and mused, "Oh, Jihyun's here."

"Just spill it already," I demanded.

"Mom called earlier. She told me to bring you home with me after lunch for she would help you prepare for the party."

"What?" I asked, brows high. "You can tell Mrs. Park that---"

"And she also said she'll kill me if I appear without you earlier," he cuts me off.

I sighed inwardly. I'm not complaning but thankful to be honest. Really thankful and grateful too. But I think this is a bit too much.

"I wonder what you've done to my mom. You bewitched her didn't you?"