Chapter 49 - Safe now

Jihyun's POV

What's this?

I'm awake...

I'm alive.

My eyes went open, little by little as my senses one by one woke up.

"Jihyun??" I heard someone call.

My eyes fully opened, and right in front of me is Baekhyun. His eyes were teary as he grinned at me. "Jihyun, you're awake!" he exclaimed as he dove in to give me a tight hug.

When he pulled away, I looked around the place. But the smell of the current vicinity I am in was enough to let me know.

"Am I...?" I trailed off.

"In the hospital," Baekhyun continued for me. "Do you remember how you ended up here?"

"I got shot," I answered, sighing a bit. "I wasn't supposed to be... My plan was just to push Chanyeol out of the way," I added.

"You stupid girl," Baekhyun chuckled, raising his arm up to wipe away the tears that formed with his sleeves. "Sometimes, I don't know if you're smart or not. You got us all worried sick."

"I'm sorry... How long was I unconcious?"

"Three and a half days," he answers. "I'm so glad you already woke up."

I smiled and reached out for his hand. "Everything is fine now..."

He stared at me for a while then down to my hand. Sighing, he caressed it with his hand. "I cannot help but feel so secured now that Youngjae's behind bars," he said.

"It just serves him right. Even though we cannot blame him because he did lose his parents. It's quite hard to stand on your own."

Then I remembered Chanyeol and Sehun. Those two were more injured than we are.

"Baekhyun," I called out. "Where are the others?"

"They are outside, do you want me to call them?"

I nodded then watched Baekhyun make his way out of the room. Then a few seconds later, the door slammed open and the boys came running in.

"Jihyun!!" they all cried at the same time which I don't know if I should laugh or just feel so good about that. But I did both.

"How are you feeling?"

"Are you hungry??"

"Youngjae's in jail now!!"

"We have to celebrate your awakening."

"You guys really are the sweetest," I told them. The look on their faces made me feel so happy now. Gone was the tension, the worry and fear we always possessed. Now we can all sleep and move in peace. "Sehun, how are you?" I asked.

He smiled at me. There were still a few bruises on his face. "Much better."

"How about Chanyeol? Where is he??" I questioned.

"He's still taking some rest. Unfortunately, his body got completely maxed out that night. He can barely walk at this moment. But don't worry, aside from that he is fine," answered Lay.

My heart plummeted on that one. Though I already expect it by judging the situation that Chanyeol was in that night.

I tried sitting up, it was sort of painful but I can handle it. Then we talked for some more and after that, the rest left because according to Baekhyun they are suffocating me. Sehun's response was...