Chapter 31 - Leave me alone

Jihyun's POV

It was a new day but nothing really changed. Except for the fact that they are now talking about training which messed my mind up even more.

I really want to go up to Chanyeol and ask but I just decided to keep my mouth shut for a while because they were all talking so seriously.

Baekhyun and the others kept on saying that I need to ask Chanyeol himself. Even Heeji cannot utter a single thing about it to me.

So, to keep my mind off this serious thing they are talking about, I isolated myself from them for the whole day until I could have the chance to ask Chanyeol what is all these about.

"Jihyun!"

I turned around and saw Xiumin from afar. "Where are you going? The cafeteria is right there?"

With a sigh, I walked up to him. "Xiumin, as much as I want to go and eat with you guys I need to isolate myself. I don't want to drown myself into curiosity with what you guys are talking about."

"I am really sorry, Jihyun... I will try to find a time for you to talk to Chanyeol about it," he told me which made me smile.

"Thank you, Xiumin. And I would be fine alone. Trust me."

"I will tell the others, alright?"

I just nodded and waved him goodbye. I watched him disappear from my sight before heading to my old hang out place, the library.

As soon as I entered, Mr. Soo greeted me and I greeted back.

I grabbed whatever book I would have interest with and sat at one corner and started to read it. After a few minutes of reading, I can feel someone approach. But I did not bother to tear my gaze off the pages.

"Jihyun."

My brows rose up. "Baekhyun?"

I looked up and saw the latter approach me with a small smile. "May I sit with you?"

"Of course, you silly."

He chuckled softly and sat down opposite me. "Here."

I placed my book down and watched him slide a brown paper bag towards me.

"What's..." I trailed off as I took out the contents. A ham and cheese, and tuna sandwich and a chocolate drink.

"Xiumin told us you would be staying here. Of course I wouldn't let that happen with you having an empty stomach."

I smiled. "Thank you, Baekhyun. How about you, have you eaten already?" I asked and he nodded.

"I ate quickly so that I can catch up with you here."

"Alright. You want some?" I offered the sandwich yet he shook his head. So I started to eat it myself.

"I am really sorry if I cannot tell you about this... I want to give your mind some peace, but telling you wouldn't work. It might just make you worry more and I don't want that to happen."

I sighed. "Why is it that it should be Chanyeol to tell me? Why can't you guys tell me yourselves?"

"Because he told us not to."