Chapter 22 - President

Jihyun's POV

"Jihyun, please~" Chen whines.

"But, Chen~" I just whined back.

"Yah... We will head her sing hyung right after we eat, alright?" D.O. scolds Chen and the latter just grumbles as he took in another spoonful of our dinner.

"You are lucky you are a good cook, Kyungsoo-yah... I could be mad at you."

"What did you say??" D.O. turns to him again with his eyes narrowed.

Chen gulps nervously. "N-Nothing."

"But to be serious, I am really excited to hear, Jihyun sing," Lay stated in a calm tone he always uses.

"Yeah. I bet her voice is like an angel's," Luhan adds which formed a small amount of heat on my cheeks.

"Guys... You cannot expect too much," I told them but then Baekhyun lightly scoffed.

"Luhan hyung, I assure you that you would win the bet."

"Aish..." I silently muttered under my breath. But still, Lay heard it - well, because he is just right beside me.

"I am confused... I have never seen a person who does not like it when they are complimented," he says, brows furrowing.

"Lay hyung... It is not like she does not like it... She is just being modest like she always is."

"Then why is she looking like that?" Lay asks then tries to imitate my look by pouting his lips and frowning lightly. I chuckled because it just looked so adorable.

"You cannot blame me for it... I just never had been complimented like that for a long time," I said. "Maybe I have but only with my studies... Aside from that nothing else."

"Well then you would have to get used to it. You are in the Glee Club now and it seems like Jungyoo really liked your voice. You would have to expect her to have you singing maybe even solo in any school occasions."

I literally choked on my food when Chen said that. Baekhyun quickly passed me the water and I immediately drank it.

"You fine?"

"Yeah... Thanks," I uttered in between small coughs then turned to Chen. "Are you sure about that?"

"Well... Singing for occasions is what our club do," Chen replies along with a small shrug.

I sighed silently.

"Let's just eat quickly. I am really excited to hear her sing."

I turned to Luhan and he just winked at me.

My lips twitched as I shook my head a bit.

We finished eating in a few more minutes then I helped Lay with the dishes. After that, the two of us entered the living room. It surprised me a bit when I saw them all huddled up by the couch with a guitar.

With a smile, Lay took the guitar in his hands and positioned it.

"What is going on?" I asked.