Chapter 54 - Letting Go

Third Person's POV

Chanyeol got off his bed and grabbed his car keys. He needed and want some answers.

Upon leaving his room, he stumbled across his older sister. The latter grabbed Chanyeol by the arm to stop him.

"What is going on, Park Chanyeol??" Yura hissed at him.

"I-I don't know... Heeji, she wants to cancel the marriage---" Chabyeol tried explaining but Yura cuts him off.

"I know that," she stressed out. "I want to know why."

"I'm going to talk to her about that," Chanyeol just simply answered and unwrapped his sister's hand off his arm.

"Chanyeol!" Yura called but the latter just continued on his way.

Mr. Park spotted his son heading down the stairs. "Chanyeol, where are you going??" he demanded.

But he did not say a single thing, ignored the calls they were giving him and walked out of their mansion.

He quickly entered his car and drove away.

He grabbed his phone from his pocket and dialed Heeji's number. As soon as she answered, he questioned, "Where are you right now??"

"Chanyeol, I---"

"I need to have a talk with you, Heeji," he cuts her off. "Tell me where you are right now," he ordered, his voice sounding really stern.

Heeji, on the other hand decided not to anger the guy, so she sighed.

"I'm not at home."

Through his gritted teeth, Chanyeol asked, "Then where??"

"The rose park, Chanyeol."

Without any other word, Chanyeol hung up and quickened his pace. Thus, it did not take him too long to arrive.

As soon as he got off his car, he entered the park and started to search for Heeji. Good thing the park wasn't so big, it would be that hard for him to look for her.

But there could be huge rose bushes in his way to seek for Heeji.

"Heeji??" he decided to call out. "Heeji where are y---"

Chanyeol halted as soon as he saw the familiar silhouette of a girl sitting by the fountain. His steps somehow slowed down as he made his way towards the girl.

Heeji was just staring into blank space, her hair falling elegantly off her shoulder which covered a few parts of her face. She was aware of Chanyeol's presence, but did not bother to turn and look at him.

The latter went to sit beside her, unable to look the girl straight into the eyes too.

"Heeji..." he called out softly. "What's wrong? Is there anything I have done??"

Heeji sighed and turned to him slightly. "You've done nothing wrong, Chanyeol. I... I just want to cancel it," she answered. "And no, I am not being inconsiderate because I was thinking of this for years---"

"For years??" Chanyeol cutest her off. "You've been thinking about stopping our wedding and you just decided to blurt it out now??"

"You were stopping me!" was Heeji's sudden outburst, leaving Chanyeol in shock. "I have been telling you since then that we should stop this but you kept telling me not to since you'll just try to force it - your feelings. And I don't want any marriage to happen anymore because the two of us are not even fine with it!"