Chapter 23 - Sing for you

Jihyun's POV

"Are you ready, Miss President?"

I hissed and turned to Baekhyun. "I told you not to call me that."

"How about President Jeon?"

"Just stick with my name, Baekhyun," I told him and sighed. "I really wish I could go home and take care of Chen..."

The latter is home alone, sick, probably wrapped up in sheets. I really want to go home badly and make him feel better but I have to go do some club things. If only I was not President...

"He would do good, Jihyun."

"But he's got no one to cheer him up back there."

"His presence itself is already cheery. He can cheer himself up."

I just pouted. I guess Baekhyun noticed it because he wrapped an arm around my shoulder reassuringly.

"Trust me, Jihyun... He would be fine."

"I sure hope so..."

We finally arrived at the club room. There were already a few students including Jungyoo and Kim Taehyung. I stalked my way towards the two officers.

Remember, Jihyun... Just be cool, don't be nervous... They are all right there to support you.

I took in a deep breath before pulling off a small smile.

"Good morning, President."

"I prefer to be called by my name," I told Taehyung and he nodded politely.

"Where is Chen?" Jungyoo asks.

"He is at home, sick," Baekhyun butts in.

"I hope he gets well soon," Jungyoo says. "Shall we start discussing about the performances?"

"I don't know... It would be up to you guys..."

Taehyung chuckled which caught my attention. He really is handsome like everyone else says. "Actually... It is up to you, Jihyun..."

"Oh..." I uttered before thinking of a witty answer.

"We could already start, you know. The officers are now complete, though Chen is absent... We could start discussing," says Jungyoo, interrupting my thoughts.

"Only the officers discuss about this?" I asked.

"Well... Sort of... We would think about some acts first then ask the rest of the club if they would approve."

I chewed down onto my lip before saying, "Well... I guess we should start discussing a few things while waiting for the rest. Just a few because I would want to hear the opinion of the rest."

Jungyoo smiles and nods her head in agreement. Then we headed to the long table in front of the stage and sat there.

"Here is the schedule and the format of the whole party... It is unfinished though.." Jungyoo hands me a folder and I thanked her.