Chapter 66 - A Shoulder To Cry On

Jihyun's POV

"Finally!" I silently squealed as Baekhyun and I drove past the gate of the school. "I am back at school!"

"You're awfully cheerful," he chuckles as he headed to his usual spot.

"Why wouldn't I be??" I asked back before clasping my hands together in excitement. "It felt so long since I've been here."

"Now you're over exaggerating things."

"It's like the same thing when weekends come you know," I replied. "At least I am looking forward both at school days and weekends."

"Touche."

We got out of the car and headed inside the school. We arrived not too early but there weren't that much students in the building yet as we headed to our classroom.

As soon as we arrived, everyone took their own seats or just roamed around and did some stuffs to entertain them while waiting for the class to start.

I, on the other hand, wanted to read this book I found in one of the shelves back in the apartment. Of course I asked permission to take it and they agreed anyway.

But as I looked for it in my backpack, it wasn't there.

"Could I have left it??" I muttered to myself. Though I am pretty sure that I brought it with me.

"Hey, Baekhyun," I called out. "Did you see me bring the book I found or place it in my bag or something??"

"I remember you hurriedly tossing it to the back seat in excitement of going here," he answers.

"Okay. I will go get it," I said.

"Here are the keys." he hands me his car keys. "Would you like me to go with you?"

"I'll be fine on my own. I won't be out for too long," I replied before heading out of the room and to the parking lot.

I unlocked the doors with the key and sighed in relief when I saw the book right where Baekhyun told me it sat.

And just as I grabbed the book, another car parked right beside this one. And it wasn't just any other car.

I watched the person exit the vehicle as I shut the door of Baekhyun's car. It was indeed who I expected it to be - Chanyeol.

But what I didn't expect is when Choimin got out too.

Did they have something important to do together before going here? Is it why they are together??

Or could it be that Chanyeol really just gave her a ride??

But why? Choimin has a car of her own...

"Oh... Good morning, Jihyun!" she greeted me with a bright smile.

I snapped out of my thoughts and smiled back. "Good morning."

Then Chanyeol threw a glance at me, just a short one before taking Choimin by the hand and pulling her away without even saying anything.

The latter gave me a little wave before she was completely pulled by Chanyeol in the building.

I subconciously tightened my grip onto the book as I took my own steps towards the building too.

What's up with that guy? He literally saw me but didn't bother saying even just 'Hi'?

Did I do something wrong or what??

Why did he just ignore my presence all of a sudden?