Chapter 26 - Guilty

Third Person's POV

"Sh*t," Chanyeol thought, realizing what he had done. "What was I thinking?!"

His breathing was heavy as he stared at the unconcious girl. Even though he wanted to go to her he can't, he was stuck on his spot fully shocked of what he did. How could he let his emotions take over?? He messed up, he knew he messed up.

"Chanyeol!"

He snapped out of his daze but as soon as he did, a punch landed right on his face. As soon as he recovered, his eyes met Baekhyun's angry ones. The latter is being held back by his friends before he could even do something more.

"What the heck, Yeol?! Why would you do that?!"

"I-I didn't mean to. I swear! She just pissed me off and everything took over!"

"Baekhyun! We need to take her to the hospital!" Lay butts in who is checking the unconcious girl. Their eyes widened when they saw blood spilling from her forehead.

Baekhyun immediately rushed to her and carried her in his arms. He did not bother to wait for the ambulance and brought her to the hospital himself.

As Chanyeol watched, guilt slowly started to eat him up. As much as he slowly started to want to, he couldn't apologize.

--------

"You did what?!" Mrs. Park hollered as soon as she heard the news. Chanyeol and Luhan had their heads hung low.

"Mom, I did not mean to---"

"Why would you do that, Park Chanyeol?! How could you do such a heartless deed?!"

The latter hissed silently before hesitantly replying, "But she pissed me off, mom." he felt like what he said was wrong. It felt completely wrong.

"Of course she did," Mrs. Park scoffed, holding her forehead. "What did she tell you this time that pissed you off, hm?" she asks, trying to be calm even though anger is still visibly taking over her. "Answer me!"

Chanyeol did. He told them how she kept on telling him to apologize to her but he wouldn't because he does not want to and the rest of the conversation he remembers.

"But why wouldn't you? Why wouldn't you apologize for all the things you have done??" his mother asks, softer this time because she knows she wouldn't get him to answer her truthfully if she continues to rant.

"I... I just don't want to... I don't know, I am confused..." Chanyeol says, starting to feel more guilty. He knew by the start that he should apologize to her but he does not know why he couldn't. But now he does. "I-I am scared... I don't want to look weak to her. If I apologize I feel like I am so weak."

"But you aren't, son... Apologizing makes people pleae strong. Do you know how much courage it takes to apologize to a person you have done so much wrong?"

He swallowed hard at his mother's remarks. He felt that she was right and he was completely wrong. He suddenly felt so bad and he hated it.

"I am sorry to interrupt but... What did you say Chanyeol? I thought I heard you say that she has a family to cheer her up after all the wrongs you've done anyways?" Luhan chimes in.