Chapter 8 - Back in school

Third Person's POV

"I cannot understand what Mr. Jung was talking about earlier. I really hate Math for some reasons," Chen pouted as he massaged his forehead. He felt like his brain just exploded due to the numerous equations that were written on the board earlier.

"Correction, you hate yourself for hating math," D.O. says.

"Aish, D.O.-yah, you are confusing me so much more," Chen whines. "I really hate Math," he pouts.

The five of them are currently walking to the exit of the building. They are heading home where Jihyun is staying at, reading books or maybe cleaning or cooking of course.

"You say that to every subject we have." D.O. replied in a nonchalant tone, his eyes glued onto the book he is reading.

Luhan smiled. "Good thing that Jihyun is tutoring us. I really cannot believe that she can understand the lessons in just on go," He says with a slight of amazed tone in his voice.

"Of course she is smart. Why would we get her as our tutor if she's not?" D.O. asked as he closed his book and put it in his bag.

"This guy has a point," Baekhyun says, snaking his arm around D.O.'s shoulder. The latter turned to him with a sharp glare which made him pull his arm back to where it belongs before the guy chops it into pieces like he always says so.

"Jihyun is tutoring you?" a familiar voice butted in.

The five turned to face one of their friends - Kim Jongin.

"Jongin..." Baekhyun uttered.

The latter sighed. "Hyung, you know I hate being called by that name. It is Kai. Now, answer my question first, Jihyun is your tutor?" He asked once more.

"You have heard us already. Should we still tell you that she is?" D.O. asked and Chen elbowed him in the stomach.

Kai sighed. "You know that Chanyeol hyung wouldn't like this, right? It would just be better to leave the girl alone."

"She cannot do this alone, Jongin, she just hit rock bottom. She lost her job and Chanyeol ruined what was left with her money which she is supposed to use to support her needs. Her grades and failing because of him and if she wouldn't find a way to bring them back up she would loose her scholarship. The scholarship we all know she worked hard on because her family cannot afford the tuition of this school," Baekhyun told his younger friend, not in a harsh tone but more of a soft one. He wants to convince Kai to help them stop what Chanyeol is doing but they are just so afraid of his friend.

"Hyung, as much as I do... I also want to help Jihyun," Kai sighed.

"Well then why can't you?" Lay asks. "You do not have to be afraid of going against, Chanyeol. He cannot just take over your lives, you have your own decisions. Do you think that he would really hurt you - his best friends?" he adds.

"He never laid a fist on my face ever since I started helping Jihyun. Sure he shouted at me a lot but I know that he won't be able to hurt me. Not physically nor by words," said Baekhyun.

"But he really would not like this... I am not afraid that he would hurt you, I am also not afraid of what he could do to us, I am afraid of what he could do to Jihyun once he finds out,"  Kai says which surprised the five. They never expected that their friends who teams up with Chanyeol is also concerned about Jihyun. "So please... Stay away from her if you want Chanyeol to give her peace."