Chapter 56 - Birthday

Jihyun's POV

"I can't believe I am back to those times," Baekhyun sighed as he slouched on the couch of his room. "I meant we are since you are affected by this too."

Meanwhile, I was sitting on his bed since he told me so. Baekhyun's room was really neat and pretty modern, simple but elegant, and very organized too.

His bed was smaller than Heeji's actually, but way softer and have tons of layers of blankets and pillows too.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"I won't be able to take you out on dates anymore."

"Well, I am not really affected," I shrugged jokingly such only made him pout even more.

"You're so mean."

"Just kidding," I chuckled.

"Tomorrow is another day," Baekhyun sighed once again, staring up into the ceiling. "What takes it so hard to locate that guy??"

"He is probably sneaky, but not too sneaky for us don't you think??"

Baekhyun, with a frown, turned to me. "If he isn't then why is he still missing??"

"That's because we aren't making a move, Baek. But in a good way because we are trying to be careful," I answered. "My point was that Youngjae is not a guy we won't be able to handle, especially now that most, if not all, of his minions are gone," I added up.

Baekhyun gave me a smugly smirk. "Don't you think you're being too confident, Ms. Jeon?"

"I am not. I am just trying not to be so pessimistic like you are," I retorted, using my forefinger to push the side of his forehead at the process.

"It is not wrong to be pessimistic. It is not my fault that I worry about you guys."

"I get your point since I worry about it too. But letting your negativity take over could just make things worse, don't you think? It is never too wrong to try to be a little bit positive at times like these every now and then. We wouldn't want to let all the bad stuff eat us up."

He nodded thoughtfully. "Good point."

"Good point, indeed," I chuckled as I pushed myself off his bed. "Well, we have to wake up early for school tomorrow. Gotta get going to bed now."

I was just about to take a step away when Baekhyun grabbed me by the wrist and said, "Sleep beside me?"

I raised a brow at him. "You serious?"

He nodded. "Serious, serious."

"You sure it will be fine with you??"

"Jihyun.." he laughed, adding quickly, "..you have been sleeping beside me for a long time already, remember?"

"Oh, yeah," I chuckled sheepishly and got back on top of his bed.

Baekhyun shifted onto one side of the bed and patted the empty space beside him. I smiled before laying down and pulled the covers on top of us two.

"Baekhyun.. The lights," I whispered.

"Oh, right." he grabbed a remote from the beside table, and in one press of a button, everything went out except for the small night light located in each corners of his room.

Then he laid back down, facing towards me. It was the first time I slept beside him without any pillow between us, but it felt fine.

Baekhyun reached out for my hand, hiding it gently and kissing the knuckles softly before saying, "Good night, Jihyun."