Chapter 74

Third Person's POV

"Chanyeol??" Choimin calls out for the fifth time as she knocked on Chanyeol's door. But still, there isn't any response. "Are these walls soundproof or something?" she thought to herself, as she decided to let herself in. But apparently, Chanyeol wasn't where she expected him to be all along.

She closed the door behind her as her eyes searched the room for Chanyeol. Her motions stopped for a second upon sighting him outside, at the veranda.

Choimin sighs as she took a step out to where Chanyeol was, making the latter turn to her in surprise.

The girl smiled, knowing the possible reason of why she found the guy out here. "Hey," she spoke softly, "I apologize for barging in without permission. But I have been outside for a minute now, so..."

"Sorry for that," Chanyeol utters back, then turning back to his original position - leaning his front over the rails with the support of his elbows. His eyes darting out into the calm ocean, glistening from the light provided by the moon.

Choimin went beside him and leaned against the rails with her back, unlike Chanyeol. She folded her arms across her chest as she turned her head to Chanyeol, taking in the unreadable expression on his face.

She sighs then proceeds to speak again, "You aren't even going to ask me why I am here??"

Chanyeol's eyes widened as he turned to a smirking Choimin. The tone of her voice lets him know that there's something more about to come. "W-Well, uh---"

"Don't bother." Choimin smirks, levelling her palm to his face for a few seconds. "You know it yourself, Chanyeol... To force your own feelings is something quite impossible to do. Moving on is a natural process anyway."

"O-Of course I know that.. I experienced it from you," Chanyeol responds, nearly mumbling out his words. "I am well aware of that, still I don't know what to do exactly."

"I strongly believe that there is no wrong move," Choimin replies, "But I guess for your situation, it's because you keep searching for ways to move on without any 'interruptions' - like, getting interrupted by the constant feelings and thoughts that you try to get rid of. Which is I guess the reason why you keep on avoiding Jihyun despite contradicting your 'second plan.'"

Chanyeol inhales sharply, trying to keep himself composed despite Choimin hitting all these facts at just one go. "S-Slow down, Choimin..." he winces with a sort of pained look on his face.

The latter chuckled at this as she shook her head. "You know... I came here all the way from America, still holding on to the feelings I had for you, hoping that yours never changed as well even though it felt like something so impossible. I already have an idea of the reality, but still did it anyway - came back here saying that I still love you."

Chanyeol's look darkens slightly as he thought that Choimin may still have these feelings, but he's stepping on them as he constantly vented his frustrations of his own feelings for someone else for her.

The girl turns to take a peek at Chanyeol's face and instantly drops the smile she had on her face. "Idiot," she spat, smacking Chanyeol by the shoulder. "Don't start feeling so sorry or something, it is not your fault."

"I couldn't help it," Chanyeol sighs.

Choimin sighed back, turning away as she let the next words past her mouth. "I... I already moved on anyway."

"T-That quick??" Chanyeol gawks at her.

"What do you mean 'that quick'?" Choimin questions with a scowl, "Are you hoping that it took longer??"