Chapter 78

Jihyun's POV

"So?" I was greeted by Baekhyun who sat on the bed, working on something with his laptop. He turns to face me with a smile, continuing, "How'd it go?"

"Fine," I only answered, making my way up to him.

He sighs, turning the laptop off and placing it aside. "Are you sure everything is alright?" he asks.

I plopped right down beside him, sighing. I couldn't really answer him well. I still don't know how to completely feel about it.

I am glad that Chanyeol and I can finally work on things better than before now. But I still can't get over of other things - particularly that look in Chanyeol's eyes earlier.

I knew that any from us could end up getting hurt... But I never wanted him or Baekhyun to do so.

When I felt Baekhyun's hand on mine, I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Jihyun..." he called out, ever so softly, "Look, if you're doubting your decisions... then-"

I shook my head softly. "No. I doubt not a single thing," I said, looking straight into his eyes. "I'm just... I don't want anyone to get hurt, Baekhyun."

"Come here." he reached out both of his hands, pulling me towards him and I just indulged in his embrace, wrapping my arms around his back as well. "It'll be fine, Jihyun... I know Chanyeol."

"Yeah..." I muttered, holding back the tears.

His fingers gently grazed along my locks, adding more relief. "Don't worry, alright?"

I nodded, feeling his arms loosen around me so I pulled away. "Thanks, Baek."

"Always welcome. Shall we get ready for lunch now?"

I nodded again and got off the bed with him and prepared to head down with him.

Once we arrived at the dining hall, Baekhyun and I chose a place to sit then what we were going to have.

"Well, look at that," a familiar voice from behind suddenly mused. "I guess we really can't have a day without running into one another."

I turned and saw Choimin, immediately grinning. "Choimin!"

Then I turned to Baekhyun again and he nods at me. Hence, I faced Choimin again and said, "Are you just about to have lunch? Come sit with us?"

Her eyes widened a bit noticeably as she chuckled back. "No thank you, guys. But I just returned something here and already ate with Chanyeol beforehand."

I nodded. "Alright."

"Okay, I'll go ahead then. See you, guys," she replied, walking off with a small wave.

Choimin's POV

I sighed, the smile vanishing from my face as I made my way out of the dining hall. Then I looked at the still unread message from Chanyeol.

"Are you available?" it read.

I wonder what's up with this guy again. Obviously what I said earlier is a lie, but I didn't think I would actually need to meet up with him again.

So I decided to dial his number to see what's up while headed for my room.

"Yo."

"Is there something you need?" I instantly asked.

"Uh... To be honest, I don't really know what I need. But can you spare a second to just come over?"

I sighed. This guy can be too obvious but also predictable at certain times. "Alright, alright. Be there in a few."