Chapter 62 - Un-Awkwarding

Jihyun's POV

As soon as I woke up on Sunday morning, I politely asked Baekhyun to bring me home because I needed to check on something and just head back to the apartment by myself at night. But that was just a lie.

The thing is that, I just had no idea on how I would be facing Chanyeol after what happened that night.

Unfortunately, Sunday did not really give me much time to prepare myself since I would be seeing him tomorrow at school.

Monday came quickly and I just can't stay still. Not literally, but I swear that I just seemed so occupied the whole morning. I cannot respond to anything or anyone that time and it was pretty much frustrating.

"Is there something bothering you?" Baekhyun asks on our way to school.

I turned to him and asked, "Why would you ask that."

He shrugged, his eyes still staying on the road. "I just noticed like something is off. You are a lot quieter than usual, that is one thing."

"I am just..." I trailed off. "...thinking of something."

He chuckled, "That won't work for me anymore, Jihyun. That's what you always say when something really is bothering you."

Darn it.

"But it's fine though, if you wouldn't share. I understand," he says, which made me internally sigh in relief. "Yet just don't forget that I would be here anytime you'd feel like opening up."

I nodded with a small smile. "Thank you, Baekhyun."

"You're always welcome."

We had finally arrived and headed inside the building. My heart was starting to accelerate and my palms felt a bit more sweaty than usual.

I was nervous, and maybe even dreading to go to our classroom. I already expect things to be pretty awkward later on.

Just act as if nothing happened, Jihyun. And probably avoid him as well.

But as soon as I entered the classroom, he wasn't there. And that made me sigh in relief.

I walked onto my table and sat down, still sighing. Baekhyun probably noticed this and turned to me, but did not bother to ask any further.

It was uncomfortable. The time spent of me anticipating and preparing myself when the time comes and he walks in the door, it was pretty hard.

I kept on sighing, tapping the table with my fingertips and literally just did anything that could eventually distract me.

Then the door opened again, grabbing my attention.

But my heart nearly dropped and my breath hitched when it was finally Chanyeol who entered.

His eyes were wide too as soon as he saw me. And I can't help but to just return the same expression.

Yet he quickly tore his gaze away and walked to his seat. I decided that it was enough staring and if I stare even longer people would actually get suspicious. So I looked away as well.

Choimin came along with him, and she sent me a small smile. Which I returned as she made her way to her seat beside Chanyeol.

Sometimes, I can't help but wonder what's going on between the two now.

I can't help but think about how they are actually doing and or if they already settled things.

They probably did, basing on the conversation Chanyeol had with Kris that I eavesdropped to. But the things is, Chanyeol still likes someone else. And is eventually using Choimin to erase his feelings for that girl?