Chapter 12 - Just a playmate

Jihyun's POV

It was already recess and I quickly left the room so I could get ahead of the boys. I am still quite against of eating lunch with them for some reasons.

I dashed to the lockers to grab some of my books that I would be reading in the library. But it surprised me when a serious-looking Baekhyun appeared in my sight after closing it.

"Would you please not do that," I said after recovering from the slight shock.

"Sorry," he apologized then grinned. "I was wondering why you left ahead of us," he said.

I bit my lip. "Uh... I need to return a book in the library quickly."

He raised his brow at me. He did not believe in my reason. "You do not want to eat lunch with us, do you?"

I sighed in defeat. "It is not that I do not want to. The last time I did I got beaten up and locked inside the female's restroom. I don't want that to happen again."

"Don't worry, we wouldn't let that happen again. We would protect you more this time, we promise," he tells me as he held my shoulder reassuringly.

"That is not what I meant," I sighed. "I don't want you guys to go worrying about me again. It makes me feel like... I don't know, like a burden?"

"You will never be a burden to us, Jihyun."

"Yeah, alright... But I am still not eating lunch with you," I said and his smile vanished. "It is not like you wouldn't see me for the rest of the day anymore. Plus, I brought my own snack that I could eat in the library."

"Jihyun, why are you so stubborn?"

"I told you, Baekhyun, this is for my and your own good. I will be fine, I promise," I said but his reply made me stiffen.

"But I won't be... Don't you think that I really want to eat lunch with you everyday which is why I keep on bugging you?"

I just blinked. He just stared at me with his brows crossed.

I didn't thought of that.

"Sorry... I will go."

His features brightened up and he beamed a smile. This unconciously made me smile as well no matter how much I wanted to feign a pissed off look.

He held my wrist and started to walk and I just walked behind.

"Is it necessary for you to hold me?" I asked. "It is not like I would make a run from it."

"I just want to hold you, alright?"

I just rolled my eyes and let him do what he wants to.

"Well look who is currently flirting with my boyfriend??"

I stopped when I heard that familiar voice. Baekhyun stopped as well and turned to look at me before looking at the woman behind me.

I turned to have a look and saw Minna standing a meter away from us with her minions on her side. Her right brow is raised up high and her arms are crossed across her chest. Her eyes were burning in anger. Her eyes then landed on our hands.