Chapter 38 - Date Gone Wrong

Jihyun's POV

"Jihyun! Heeji!!" they all exclaimed as soon as we got off the elevator. Some of the boys were at the living room.

We were soon pulled in hugs and showered by questions. It was a good thing Heeji and I showered.

"Are you two alright?"

I smiled and nodded assuringly. "Perfectly fine," Heeji and I answered in chorus.

"We were really worried... You two have been out for hours already," Tao says.

"Of course they would be out for hours, hyung. We should be thankful they arrived not so late," Chen butts in.

"I was trying to show my concern, Jongdae hyung."

"Don't tell me it is you two who would start bickering now," Xiumin scolds the two younger boys.

"Just in time for supper."

Our heads turned to a corner where D.O. just suddenly appeared.

"Oh... Hey, Kyungsoo," Heeji greets her.

"Let's eat now. Dinner's ready," he says.

"Let's go," Suho says and we all went to the dining room and took our places there.

I frowned. "Where's Chanyeol, Luhan, Baekhyun and Kris?" I asked.

"They went to set some traps and alarms," Sehun answers.

"So they're outside?" Heeji inquires. Worry was evident on the tone of her speaking.

Suho shook his head. "The traps and alarms can be set and engaged from the CCTV room. No need to go outside."

"That's good," I replied.

"Speaking of..." Lay utters and the four boys just entered the dining room and also took our places.

"Oh... Heeji and Jihyun. I see you have arrived," Luhan points out.

"That's good. The others had been worrying about you two being gone," Kris says before adding quickly, "I-I was worried too of course."

"You two finished early with the matter, huh?" Chanyeol adds.

Baekhyun frowns at him. "What do you mean early? They had been gone for hours."

"We did not mean to make you guys worry. But we are completely fine now," I said and Heeji nodded in agreement.

"I was actually glad I had Jihyun to help. If she weren't there I could have been gone for more hours," Heeji adds and I was the one to nod this time.

"What's important now is that the two of you got home safe," says Lay with a smile which made me smile to.

"Lay hyung's right," D.O. nods in agreement then adds, "Let's start eating now, alright? We need to rest early because we are having training tomorrow."

----------

"My body hurts..." Heeji whined as she stretched on the bed like a cat.