Chapter 59 - Tripped

Jihyun's POV

"Jihyun?"

"Hey, Chanyeol.. How are you?" I asked as soon as the latter answered the call.

"Better.. I guess?"

I sighed, "Better is good."

"Why did you call?"

"I needed to check on you - to see how you are doing. I am glad you're fine."

"Thank you.."

I bit my lip before continuing, "Also.. I was sort of worried earlier and wondering where you went."

"I just went out to catch some fresh air, there wasn't any need for worrying."

I sighed once more, "Good, good.."

"By the way, Jihyun, what time am I picking you up tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow?" I asked.

"Tomorrow is the date for the fashion show, right? Aren't I supposed to bring you there and to the spa before as well??"

"Ah," I chuckled, finally knowing what he was trying to say.

"My job isn't ending until tomorrow evening, Jihyun," he chuckled back.

For me, it was good that he was sounding more lively. Chanyeol would be the type of person to hide his feelings yet he is not really the best at it. And right now he sounds genuinely fine.

"Alright, alright. Yura unnie says that it would be better if I travel along with my fellow models to our place of relaxation. Which means you would only be bringing me to the company tomorrow."

"Alright, got it. What time?"

"1 pm. But you could drop me off by 12 since afternoon classes would be resuming around 12:30," I answered, along with additional instructions.

"Noted, Jeon. See you tomorrow!"

I subconciously smiled at his cheery tone, hoping that he would remain just like it for the rest of the night.

See you tomorrow, Chanyeol," I replied, earning a "goodnight" from him which I returned before ending the call.

-----------

The next day, I woke up as early as usual in order to help Kyungsoo prepare their breakfast and join the boys to eat too.

"I will be giving Chanyeol the keys to the apartment. But I would tell him to call you beforehand before coming," says Baekhyun, all dressed up and ready to go to school. He was just giving me a few reminders which I have been nodding to since earlier.

"Make sure to eat a proper amount of lunch later on."

"Yes, dad," I joked and laughed slightly afterwards.

But Baekhyun only returned unamused look so I stopped. "It's not my fault I care for you."

I chuckled and reached out to pat his shoulders gently. "I know, Baekhyun. And I am thankful that you are the caring guy you ought to be."

"Yeah.. Anyway, we would be watching the show later on, so I would be the one to drive us home, okay?" He continued and I nodded once more.

"Leave it be, Baekhyun. Jihyun knows what she would be doing already," Luhan butted in as he walked out of the apartment.

"He's right. Make it quick, Byun hyung, we're going to be late," added Chen who was staying outside for a while now.

"Just go ahead, Baekhyun, I will be fine I promise," I told him assuringly.