Chapter 51 - Feelings

Jihyun's POV

"Boo!" was the whisper that came to my ear.

Chuckling, I turned towards the guy behind me and said, "You actually think you could surprise me with that?"

Baekhyun pouted and I turned back to the breakfast I was making.

"Am I that bad?"

"Pranking or giving people shocks frequently? If you're Chen then no," I snorted.

"No one can beat that guy when it comes to those things," he laughed along. "Why are you up so early??"

"I am making breakfast."

"D.O. would kill you for not waiting for him."

"No he wouldn't," I scoffed. "I'm  a princess for him."

"Yah!!" he held my free wrist which startled me the slightest bit, then he quickly shoved his face beside me to meet my eyes. "You're my princess, alright??"

"Alright, alright... Now get off me before I hit you with this spatula." and Baekhyun obliged. "How about you? Why are you awake??" I asked.

"I just felt like waking up."

"What an answer."

"Hey, it's true!" he whined.

"Alright, Baek... Just stop whining first thing in the morning.. It makes it seem like I am taking care of a kid, you're being childish.."

After that, I heard silence which gave me an urge to turn around. And then I saw Baekhyun with a blank stare but his lips slightly pouting.

"Hey... I was just kidding," I said softly. "I'm sorry... Was that too much??"

"No.. Just being the kid like you told me I am."

"Baek..."

But then the latter just walked back inside the bedroom of the apartment.

--------

Breakfast was really awkward. Everyone was talking to each other except Baekhyun and I.

By the way, it is only the six of us again. The rest just went home yesterday.

"Baekhyun's awfully quiet right now," Lay points out all of a sudden which made me stop chewing.

"Hey, Baek, you fine??" Chen asks, the corners of his lips curling up like always.

"Yeah," was Baekhyun's laconic reply.

After that, we all got ready to go to school. Baekhyun was still ignoring me... Well, I am not actually talking to him or something like tha anyways.

I decided to just ride with D.O. for today.

"Kyungsoo," I called out as everyone else got busy entering their own cars.

"Oh, Jihyun..." he uttered upon seeing me. "Is there something I can help you with?"

"Actually, yes," I answered, smiling. "Care to give me a ride??"

"Of course... But, aren't you supposed to be with Baekhyun??"

Just before I could even answer his question, there went Baekhyun's car, driving away ahead of us with Lay following right behind.

I just sighed and turned to D.O.

He smiled simply and said, "Come in," opening the car door for me.

I thanked him as he also helped me with my seatbelt before entering the car himself. Then he turned the engine on and drove us to school.