Chapter 72 - Resort

Jihyun's POV

"Sometimes, I can't think of how possible you and Chanyeol would get into an argument without even us knowing, same thing goes with getting out of it," Baekhyun laughed, his eyes focusing on the road as he drove us home.

When we headed back at the cafeteria earlier, everyone was so quiet. But Chanyeol made things lighter by acting like usual once more, and I decided to break the ice and do the same thing.

Everyone was still at the point of confusion, but it did made things seem better. So on the way home a curious Baekhyun asked me about it, hence I told him that Chanyeol and I are in good terms now.

"I told you we'd be fine," I laughed back.

He sighs, "At least the two of you are in good terms once again."

At least we are somehow. Though there's much more than that 'argument' they all know. I guess it is better this way. The fact that we're also affecting the rest of our friends because of it is just enough for us to really talk things out.

"...One of dad's closest business partners are opening their private resort this weekend up to Monday, and our family's invited," he suddenly brought up, making me turn to him in question, "but mom and dad are on a business trip and aren't coming home until Sunday. Hyung's handling our company here while they are away and Taehyung probably won't agree, so I am the one to go... I just want to ask... since I could bring someone with me, maybe you'd like to come along??"

I blinked, trying to sink the information in for a second before letting out some stammers. "W-What?? Are you sure you want m-me?? To go with you??"

He turned to me for a few seconds and said, "Of course I want you to go with me – in fact, I'd love the idea of you coming."

"A-Alright," I answered. "We're staying there until Monday? Does that mean we'll be missing a day of preparation??"

"Well.. yeah... I already talked to Jungyoo about it earlier."

I glanced down, not really sure of what to say about that.

A day of preparation is still one day of preparation, which is what we will be missing. There would be a lot of things that could still be done for that day.

Added by the fact that I am the head of the club. Going off on a short holiday I think would be quite bad for my image.

But it is a business thing which is important to Baekhyun. And it would be the two of us onl that would be missing.

But then again it would seem unfair for the rest of the club.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Baekhyun chuckled, "I know what you're thinking," he says, "but like I said, Jungyoo and I talked about it and she said it would be fine and would speak about it to the rest of the club."

I nodded with a small smile and said nothing more as we continued on our way.

Upon arriving, we informed the rest of the boys about the resort that we would be heading to and Baekhyun and I packed our bags so that it'll be easier to leave tomorrow.

The next day, baekhyun and I ate breakfast with the rest just like on a usual Saturday before loading our bags in the trunk of his car. It weren't that much since it were only good for three days. Then we bid goodbye to the guys and went off.

"We're going to be on the road for three to four hours, Jihyun. You can sleep first if you'd like," he says, as I fixated his phone in front of him since we would be using maps.