Chapter 24 - Mrs. Park

Jihyun's POV

"...🎶Pardon the way that I stare... There's nothing else to compare... The sight of you leaves me weak...🎶"

I turned my head towards Kai's direction and stopped all movements at that moment.

"🎶There are no words left to speak... But if you feel like I feel... Please let me know that it's real...🎶" I started to take strides towards him. "🎶You're just to good to be true...🎶" I gently placed a hand onto his shoulder before slowly walking 'round him as he continued dancing. "🎶Can't take my eyes off you...🎶"

It is required that we keep eye contact but this man keeps on winking and smirking. Wait until this practice is over.

The instrumental part is where he would pull me swiftly against him, his hand on my waist and another holding mine out. Then we started to dance for the rest of the instrumental before he let's go of me with a twirl then I shall continue singing.

"🎶I love you baby.. And if it's quite alright.. I need you baby, to warm my lonely nights...🎶" Right at the last lines, he would bring me into his arms, holding both my hands as he swayed us from behind. "🎶I love you baby... Trust in me when I say...🎶" then he let's go of me again.

"🎶Oh pretty baby...🎶" he quickly pulls me towards him again. "🎶Don't bring me down I pray...🎶" He wraps an arm around my back as I let myself fall and he pushed me right back up again. "🎶Oh pretty baby.. Now that I've found you stay...🎶" I sang those lines, just standing before slowly and elegantly walking towards him as he reaches his hand out.

The music softens as it would slowly come to an end. "🎶And let me love you baby... Let me love you...🎶" I sang in a softer tone as he twirled me one time before wrapping his arms around me and spin me around.

The music comes to an end and we all went to our positions and took a bow.

"Amazing!" Lay exclaims while clapping his hands.

I took in deep breaths as I slowly let go of Kai's hand. I took off the mic and placed it aside.

It gets really tiring when it comes to the chorus because it is the part wherein I am required to dance. Dancing and singing at the same time takes up a lot of your breath and it is really tiring.

Actually, this is the only practice wherein I am singing. For the past few days they just played a music and I just lip singed.

"Water?"

I tilted my head upwards and saw Kwon Soonyoung - the vice president of Dance Club, reaching out a water bottle towards me as he wiped his sweat away with his towel.

"Thanks, Hoshi." I smiled, calling him by his nickname, as I took the bottle from his hands.

"Babe!"

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that??" I told Kai but he just winked.

"Hey, Hoshi," he greets the man beside me.

The latter just nods before walking to the rest of the group to hand out some water.

"What..." I muttered as something draped over my head.